12

♥︎

♥︎. This was posted on Jan. 19 where I'm at, tried to correlate the story dates with irl dates lol

♥︎. chapter isn't proofread

[2 MONTHS]

Today was January 19th, the day before Maki Zenin's birthday— as well as Mai Zenin.

Maki albeit didn't care about celebrating her birthday, not when her own mother continuously reclaims her regrets of birthing the twins. The fact that she was born a girl and not a boy didn't make it any better in the Zenin Clan.

Perhaps if she were born a boy even without cursed energy, the elders might of treated her just a tad bit differently. But, it didn't matter to her, especially with how far she's come. No one can deny that she was strong and possessed great potential even without the fundamentals of what one can be considered to be a Jujutsu Sorcerer.

She didn't need cursed energy. All she needed, was her own sheer will and strength.

Tomorrow marks the celebration of that born strength and will, the birth of Maki Zenin.

________________

(Y/n) scrolled through her phone as she pulled out a few ingredients from the cupboards and some of her shopping bags.

Sugar, spice, and everything nice— she had made plans to make tiny cakes with Maki. She's never done anything like this of the sort. Her hands were made for nothing in the profession of baking. Her hands were rough as sandpaper and scarred like tissue. Someone of her stature was far from doing something so playful and innocent like baking and decorating cakes.

The redhead pulled out a few measuring cups, spoons, and pans onto the school kitchen counters before examining her list.

'Dry ingredients, check. measuring utensils, check. birthday girl...missing.'

(Y/n) hummed to herself as she left the kitchen and began to roam the highschool grounds for a particular 2nd year.

It didn't take long for her to find Maki. where else would that girl be? she's always training to get stronger.

the sorceress watched with a smile as Maki stood her ground, following the positions and postures that she taught her once again while fighting against Yuji.

soon enough, the Zenin had knocked Yuji to the floor with a 'thud'.

(Y/n) couldn't help, but smile wider when she could see the proud and confident smile and on Maki's face.