𝐢𝐱. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐥𝐮𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐥𝐞

chapter ninethe blue beetle

chapter nine
the blue beetle

        JAIME'S EXPECTATION FOR RECEIVING A JOB went downhill. It hasn't been that long, yet he was still in possession of Jenny Kord's forbidden box, or whatever you want to call it. Jaime was hoping for a phone call, a textsomething to confirm that Jenny wanted her property back. Well, he's guessing it belongs to her.

      He broke the news to his family about the day's events and how they didn't go according to plan. Once he arrived home, he took a quick shower. In some fresh clothes, Jaime along with his family members (except for Nana), were in the kitchen. On the table, the burger box was in everyone's view.

     All of this was stupid if you had to ask Milagro. She couldn't believe that all Jaime had to show was a damn fast food box. At first, she thought her brother was joking. A disappointed frown spread across her lips as everything started to process in her brain. He was serious and here was the proof, as it was exhibited on their kitchen table. "So, you went in to get us jobs and all you brought back was a hamburger?"

     Jaime's eyes fall on his sister. He squints his eyes and grins, "Okay, I don't think it's a burger." He reveals. Based on how mysterious Jenny was behaving, he's sure that whatever's inside, wasn't the actual meal from the restaurant.

   "You haven't looked?" Milagro was in disbelief. What is he waiting on? She would've had a peek the minute she left the Kord Tower.

Jaime was only following instructions. "She said not to open it. I"

Milagro snorts, whereas Rudy shares with the group, "She's not here." Which was true, if you really gave it a thought.

"What?" Jaime asks. Did they really expect him to go against Jenny's wishes?

Alberto, who was sitting at the kitchen table, starts to say, "Que lo abra!" (Let him open it!) Followed by Rudy, Rocio, and Milagro, who started to chant the words too. Jaime always admired how goofy his family could be, and also how at this point, he was encouraged to commit a prohibited act.

"Okay, okay. One look." He was going against Jenny's words. He's sure that she'll never find out. "Oh, you guys are so childish." Jaime does as he promises, opening the box. The revelation was kind of boring, to say the least. It was a random object and some fries.

Rudy was the first to voice his opinion, "What the hell is that?"

Rocio was confused herself, muttering to her husband, that it looks like a bug. Alberto agrees with his wife. The object did resemble a bug, but he had a question to ask his son. "Why was she hiding it?"