5- Ash

Raleigh, North Carolina
Ash's POV
"Tamar, can you get my phone? It's ringing." I call to the other room as I am getting out of the shower.

"Yes of course!"

I quickly changed into a shirt and shorts before leaving the bathroom and walking into the kitchen where Tamar was standing. Tamar ran over to me and handed me my phone.

"Thanks babe." I said, kissing my girlfriend.

I looked down at my phone and saw that I had a missed call from Amy, who was in New York City right now with her child.

"Hey Amy what's up? How's New York?"

"Hey Ash, it's good. Do you have time to sit down and talk right now? There's something I need to talk to you about."

"Of course. Is everything okay? What's going on Amy?"

"So I know you're only 22."

"Amy? What's going on?"

"You know how Noah's best friend Nellie is obsessed with you? Well, we found out that Nellie is an orphan and she wasn't going to be able to spend the week with Noah and I until I asked them to let me foster Nellie. However, after this week I can't take care of her anymore, I can only take care of Noah. So, I was wondering if you and Tamar would be able to foster her/adopt her? Especially because she's obsessed with you guys. I mean, I could ask Matt and Steph but I'm gonna ask them to adopt Emily because she's a bigger fan of them and Nellie's a bigger fan of you guys."

"Amy? Are you crazy?! Tamar and I are both 22, there's no way we can adopt and raise a girl, especially a teenager."

"I checked North Carolina's adoption policy and you only need to be at least 18 to adopt. Nellie's also 17, so, you guys don't need to worry about doing too much to raise her. She has been an orphan since she was nine so she knows how to take care of herself. She told me how important you were to her, so I really think you and Tamar should adopt her. Of course, you guys should talk this over but I think you should at least meet her."

"Can I talk to Tamar about all of this first?"

"Of course. Call me back and let me know what you decide."

"Okay. Thank you Amy."

"Thank you so much Ash, I'll let you go. Call me back, okay?"

"Okay. Bye Amy."

"Bye Ash."

"Is everything okay Ash?" Tamar asked, seeing the look on my face.

"Remember when we talked about if we wanted to have kids in the future and we said that we did?"

"Yeah?"

"Would we be able to move that future date up to now?"

"Ash, what are you talking about?"

"Remember Noah's best friend who is like my biggest fan? Amy needs you and I to adopt her."

"Ash, we're both 22 years old. We barely have raised my cat, how are we supposed to raise a kid?"

"Amy told me she's 17 and that she grew up mostly by herself so she wouldn't be too much of a hassle but I feel like we should definitely try to help her out if we can."

"Do we even have the means to support a 17 year old girl?"

"I've started making a lot more from working at theorist so we should be able to plus we have the guest room and guest bathroom that we could turn into hers."

"True. I guess you're right Ash. I guess we can try at least, it's gonna be very weird having a daughter who is 5 years younger than me but if you really want to babe, I guess we should try. I'm gonna go call my parents though."

"Okay, I will too."

As soon as Tamar and I told our parents, I called Amy back.

"Hello?"

"Amy, we'll adopt her."