Normalcy

She and I are walking down the road to get some kind of normality. We used to walk plenty of times when she'd come over and I wouldn't have anything planned. Things changed ofcourse, unfortunately. I wish they hadn't, but maybe it was for the best. There was an awkward tension in the air between us now.

There wasn't anything that could really be done for it. Hearing her let loose a soft sigh, I give in to the impulse to touch her and latch my pinky with hers. The action was unexpected by the both of us and I could see her in my peripheral vision glance at me. I kept my gaze forward and willed my hand not to tremble.

"Are you upset?" Her voice sounded harsh in the mild weather.

"No." I said, shaking my head. "Are you?"

"No." She stopped. Our pinkies were still linked and hanging between us. My eyebrows lifted as she suddenly moved right Infront of me, pulling me against her. She wrapped her arms around my waist so I in turn wrapped my own around her neck.

She didn't say anything as I held eye contact with her with my brows pulled together. She just gazed at me for a few seconds that felt like an eternity before she buried her head in the part where my neck met my shoulder. I pleaded for my heart rate to not go up much more as I held her.

It wasn't really a busy road and there were few houses around. It was a calm place that felt alright to be in. Calm enough to inch my head lower into her shoulder and breathe it the scent of her perfume that drove me nuts.

Everything that she wore and gave me had the scent and it was pleasantly addictive. It was just her, I suppose. Everything about her drove me crazy. It gave me a high that I never want to come down on, it took my breath away in a way I didn't mind.

We didn't say anything as we walked back, hand in hand.