Chapter 1

The world knew only terror. A family, a singular family had inflicted such terror upon them. A mother, with the power of Death. A father, with the power of Fire. Two brothers, both with the power to summon unimaginable beasts. And a sister, with the power of flight and amazing wit. This family had dominated the world in such ways they would never recover. Though it all came crashing down as the people decided to stop this terror and live in piece. A rebellion was born. Each kingdom lent aid so great the heavens were moved. As the family fought, they seemed to be winning with the sole daughters intelligence. Until she was knocked unconscious.

She awakes in an odd, strange place. Where was she? A cathedral? A castle? No, it looked much to nice to be either. Before she could observe her surroundings, she heard voices. She immediately hid behind a bigger bookshelf, quietly observing. It was two men, who looked like priests. Perhaps it was an odd looking cathedral. One was tall, around forty with dirty blonde hair. His eyes were a grey color and his skin was light. He was most certainly well built. The other was a child, perhaps around fourteen. Five years younger than she is. His hair was a darkish brown, with blue eyes. His skin was an ebony color, and he was scrawny, as if the slightest wind would snap him in half. They pass, but she waits a few more minutes. Hearing no more footsteps, she reveals herself once more. She starts walking around, slowly, so as to ensure she was not to be caught. Hearing footsteps yet again, she looks around for where to hide. A sofa? No, it wss too small. The bookshelves again? No, they were pushed against the wall. And she was most certainly not stupid enough to hide beneath the table. Ah, that was it! How could she have forgotten? She could fly up, all the way to the top. How was she so stupid? It seems she most certainly was related to her brothers. Flying up, she focused on her surroundings. The walls seemed to be made of marble and pure gold. What was this place? Was she dead? No, if she were dead she most certainly would not be in such a nice place. Reaching the top, she steps on a narrow ledge. She yet again observes everything around her. Aside from the marble and gold walls and floor, there seemed to be a platform a few steps to the left. Once she reaches it, she noticed old, dusty artifacts. A golden crown, a cup of silver, some books, perhaps tombs.. And a small, sharp.. Stick? It was hued red, not completely straight with a bit of lapis embedded in the sides. She picks it up. Perhaps it will be useful. Then she heard a voice calling out. It was the scrawny boy. "Miss? I'm sorry, but you shouldn't be up there! Please come down before you get hurt!" By the Gods, how did this little boy find her? She was at the top, about fifty floors from the ground! Was this twig actually athletic? She chuckled at that absurd idea. Should she speak? It didn't seem this child knew who she was. But should she risk it? Perhaps not. She isn't her idiotic brothers. Risks should not exist without the knowledge of the outcome. She glares at the boy, ensuring he hadn't seen the odd stick she had taken. "Miss? Please, I'm begging you to come down! What if you fell and got hurt?" How stupid. Why was this strange child trying to reason with a woman he didn't know? Is he dense? Mabye. Looking, she jumps down in front of him, landing on her feet. Even if she didn't, she could just summon her wings and fly back up. She finally decides to speak. "Tell me, boy. Where am I?" Her tone is cold and stoic. It sends shivers down the poor kids spine. "T-t-the-" She immediately cuts him off, annoyed. "Speak will you? Why are you stuttering? I asked a simple question, 'where am I'. I didn't ask about your intimate life, so stop being embarrassed and talk." Idiotic boys like this one don't deserve to live. They stutter at the slightest question, and try to be heroes when it gets in everyone's way. "R-right! You're I-in the.. You're in the domus Deorum!" What? Is he being serious? She's in the house of the Gods?