Chapter 5: A new feeling

After the trio returned from their mission the day before, Aric noticed that Ethan had started acting differently around Lyra whenever they were together. He observed how Ethan would always compliment her or blush when Lyra talked to him, even for just a second. So the next day, Aric decided to confront Ethan about his strange behavior."Hey Ethan, can you meet me near the training ground later?" shouts Aric. "Sure, I'll be there," replies Ethan.A few hours pass, and then Aric and Ethan meet at the training ground."Hey Aric, what did you want to talk about?" says Ethan."I've noticed that you've started acting different around Lyra ever since we got back from our last mission," says Aric."What do you mean 'different'?" says Ethan."By different, I mean how you've been complimenting her a lot and always blushing when you're next to her or talking to her," says Aric."Oh, that. I have no idea why; I just seem to do it a lot," says Ethan."I think I know why," replies Aric."Well, tell me then," says Ethan."I think you might be in love with Lyra," replies Aric."Love? No way. I can't; Lyra is too old for me," says Ethan."I know it's hard to believe, but it's true," says Aric. Ethan cannot believe what Aric just told him.The next day, Ethan decides to go and ask Maya for some advice, as he has never been in love before. Maya tells him to talk about his feelings with her so that they can sort things out. So Ethan does as he's told, and a few hours later, he asks Lyra if they can talk, and Lyra agrees. Ethan tells her everything, and then Lyra bursts out laughing and says Ethan is cute. She likes him too but can't date right now as the time is not yet right. Ethan smiles and understands the situation.After they finish talking, they go to their cabin and have dinner with Maya and Aric. Then they get prepared for bed, but before that, Mr. Gerald calls for Ethan and Maya to tell them that they have to go on another mission, as it has been quite a while since they went on one. This mission will only be done by the both of them. Ethan gets excited but doesn't show it. After that, they go to bed so they can get up early in the morning for their mission because they will be gone for 1 week.