Lost Artemis

"Life never stands still"

Sanem POV

Let this be my status for today, because I realized that no matter what happens, life really does not stand still. A year ago, on this day, I had only one wish: for time to stop, for my life to stand still and for me to remain forever in the courtyard of Can's old house, in his arms. But, alas... LIFE NEVER STANDS STILL!

"Why are you frowning?" Marie glanced at me with one eye, with the other she watched the road.

"It's just..." I never told her about my past life, about what I left in the past and what I came with into the future...

For Marie, I was always a lucky person who pulled out my lucky ticket. According to her theory, I am one in a million who were lucky enough to work for such a large company as a perfume creator. And I partially agreed with her, because I really had a chance to create something special that I could then share with millions of strangers.

"You're kind of strange today... Or rather, you've been strange since yesterday, but today you're just a slowdown."

"Marie, today is the day when you don't need to touch me. Okay?" it came out rather rude, but I knew that she would never be offended. I didn't want to talk to anyone today... I didn't want to go anywhere... But we rushed through the suburbs of Milan to our factory, because, by a strange coincidence, the first production samples of my creations were being released today.

"Do you think Fabri will come today?"

"I don't know," I lie and turn my head to the window to avoid further conversations. Of course, Fabri will come... will he miss such a day? For many years he was looking for a new fragrance, for many years he nurtured this idea, and finally this day has come, his "idée fixe" is ready to be launched into mass production. Everything would be fine, but the irony of fate was that today, I would transfer the final rights of the fragrance to him, and he, in turn, would have to return ten percent of the shares back to Fikri Harika. That was the agreement...

We entered the territory and Marie looked at me expressively, nodding toward the parking lot, where Fabri's car was parked in a specially designated space:

"Anyway, we've arrived. I knew it." trying to park, she puffed, "He had not been seen for a long time, so I was sure that our boss would appear today."

"Marie, are you having problems with this?" I was terribly angry with myself for not being able to extinguish the aggression in my voice and my attacks on my poor colleague continued since morning, from the very minute when she "picked me up" near the house.

"No, dear, I don't have any problems with "this". But with you, it seems, there are some problems," smiling radiantly, she got out of the car and, not caring whether I was following her or not, hurriedly entered the laboratory building.

"Okay, sorry" catching up with her, I still found the strength to apologize. "I just didn't have a good start in the morning, I'm in a bad mood."

"In the evening, we will go to the bar and I don't want to hear anything!" Marie turned around and before I could come up with a hundred reasons for refusal, she fled up the stairs. I looked after her and thought that she was probably right, I really need to relax. Let everything remain in the past, and let the past remain far away. Very far...

"Sanem Hanim! I hope you are ready to present your brainchild to us today?" Fabri walked along the corridor next to Mine. His impeccable appearance always put me in a state of nervousness, put pressure on me, made me remember about subordination and other nonsense... But despite all this, I still tried to overcome my timidity: