Guidelines and Prizes

Before submitting your story, read this chapter to get familiar with the rules of engagement. 

1

1. Make sure your story adheres to the Wattpad Content Guidelines.

2. Your story must be complete or, if incomplete, must have been updated at least once within the past four months.

3. Incomplete stories with less than 8 chapters are not eligible.

4. Your story must be Nigerian-themed, have at least one Nigerian main character or be written by a Nigerian.

5. Pay attention to your grammar and spelling. Be creative. These factors play an important role in judging.

6. Only English entries (mixture of pidgin English allowed.)

7. Each author can submit a maximum of two stories.

8. Submission starts on the 1st of February, 2024, at 12:00 am WAT.

9. Deadline is 1st March, 2024, 11:59 pm WAT.

Do you have a story to submit? Awesome! We have prizes

1. All winning entries will be added to a special reading list and promoted on our social media pages. You also get to receive a shout-out from our profile.

2. All four winners (the top three overall winners and the Realest Naija Story winner) will get an author interview. 

3. We get to promote another story of the above winners on all our platforms. The story must belong to you and also fall within the categories/criteria of our Reading List.

4. The winners get stickers and major bragging rights as the author of the Best Naija Story on Wattpad.

5. Upon request, you get a shiny new cover as well from our graphics team.

💥Can I co-write? Co-written stories will be accepted, but for your submission to be valid, it has to be submitted under one author's name

💥My story is part of a series; is it eligible? You can only submit the first book in the series. 

💥What if my entry is part of a collection of short stories? You are welcome to submit your story, but make sure the link you submit is to the exact chapter and not the entire story.

💥In the case of poetry, your entry must be an entire collection of poems.

💥Is fanfiction allowed? We will accept fanfiction stories. However, we will not accept non-fiction or any story categorized as random.

💥Can my story be mature? We will accept mature content, but your entry must adhere to Wattpad's content guidelines.

💥What will you look at during judging? World-building, character development, grammar, plot development, and enjoyability are all things we consider when judging. To remain fair and unbiased, all judges are excluded from participating.

💥 Your story must be fully available here on Wattpad. We do not accept samples or teasers. All chapters must be available to read on the platform.

You've read our guidelines and seen our prizes. You are welcome to share your entry in the comments below so other participants can show their support, but to be considered for the reward please submit your entry via the linked submission form.

 The submission form will open on the 1st of February 2024

 The submission form will open on the 1st of February 2024. Add this work to your library to get notified.