Cocky- Eli E.

There was 12 seconds standing between Yng Dreamerz and their 4th win straight. Eli had scored 49 points this game and his girlfriend couldn't be prouder. She was sitting front row in the bleachers, the place Eli always made sure she sat even though she insisted she was fine with seats further up. The buzzer sounded, meaning the game was over. Y/N gathered her stuff and walked down to the court with Issac's girlfriend, Tessa. When she made her way to Eli, he was finishing up an interview with a reporter. She waited a little off to the side, careful not to interrupt, but Eli saw her. 

"Babe!" he exclaimed pulling her into a hug. He pulled away and brought her into a kiss, smiling into it.

"Hey," she said smiling at him, "Finish your interview I'll be here when you're done." 

"Ok but you're coming with me," he informed her bringing her back over to the reporter with him.

"Eli, how do you feel about dropping more than 40 points, 3 games in a row?" The reporter asked him.

"It's really easy when everyone around you sucks," he said while smiling, making Y/N's jaw drop. "It's light work really," he finished.

"Great thank you Eli," the reporter walked away.

Eli looked down at his girlfriend who was giving him a confused look. "What," he asked. "It's easy when everyone around you sucks?" she quoted more as a question. "Babe, I didn't mean it like that," he hastily explained. "Eli your fucking brother plays in this league, hell he plays on the same team as you. What's he going to say when he sees that interview?" "It's fine babe I'll talk to him, let's go home," he grabbed her hand and they walked to the locker room.

Eli went inside to change and grab his stuff while Y/N waited outside. She leaned against the wall on her phone when the door opened. She looked up and saw Issac walking out, typing on his phone with a confused face. She got off the wall and walked up to him, when he saw her, he put his phone in his pocket and stopped. "I guess you saw Eli's interview," she asked. "What the hell bro. I'm his brother," he ranted. She brought the younger brother into a hug. "I know, I'm sorry," "Your reaction was pretty funny," he said chuckling. "Yeah, I was as shocked as you are. Go find Tess, she's looking for you." "Ok, goodnight love you!" he yelled walking down the hallway.

The girl went back to her spot on the wall. About 7 minutes later, Eli walked out, stuff in hand. "Did Issac say anything to you?" Y/N asked her boyfriend. "No, he's ignoring me," he told her grabbing her hand as they walked to the parking lot.

"Well he talked to me."

"What'd he say?" Eli asked with wide eyes.

"He's not happy," the girl started, "He's hurt because you're his older brother."

The couple made it to Eli's car. He opened his girlfriend's door before putting his basketball bag in the backseat. He opened the door and got into the car, starting it and pulling out of the parking lot.  Y/N plugged her phone into the aux playing Snooze by SZA. Eli placed his hand on her thigh, rubbing comforting circles. She wrapped her arm around his and placed her head on his arm, closing her eyes. When she woke up, they were about 10 minutes away from their house. She lifted her head to find her and Eli still in the same position as before. "Goodmorning sunshine," Eli said smiling down at her making her yawn in response. She sat upright, moving to hold Eli's hand, laying her head on the window. Eli turned into their driveway and drove into the garage. 

________

The next morning, Y/N woke up to Eli's alarm. She was going with him to his morning workout since he had a game straight after. She groaned, rolling over, before getting up to get ready. 30 minutes later the couple was ready and on their way to Starbucks. "What do you want again?" Eli asked his girlfriend. "A venti iced brown sugar shaken espresso and then whatever you want." Eli nodded before ordering their drinks and pulling around.

The couple pulled into the parking lot and parked. Y/N went ahead of Eli, who was getting his stuff, to the team clubhouse to meet with the rest of the team. She walked in and was greeted with hugs from Issac, Will, and the 2 oldest Neumann brothers who were there to support Eli.

 "Where's Eli?" Cameron Mise asked Y/N.

"He's behind me why?" 

"I need to talk to him," Cameron told her walking towards the door. 

Y/N went to sit between Tessa and Noah on one of the couches drinking her Starbucks and chatting with the others. Eli walked through the door, making his way about a fourth of the way through the crowd before being stopped by Cameron. Y/N saw the two argue for a second before Cameron raised his fist and decked Eli in the face. Y/N shot up off the couch, grabbing Eli by the back of the shoulders with the help of Issac.

"THATS WHAT YOU GET FOR BEING SO DAMN COCKY," Cameron yelled from across the room. "BETTER THAN EVERYONE MY ASS."

"Ok, we need to go somewhere else," Y/N said dragging a fuming Eli out into the hallway.  "You need to release a statement or something Eli. This has gone too fucking far."

"You think I don't know that? I'm trying ok. I didn't mean it."

Eli's nose started to drip blood. "Fucking great you have a game in 45 minutes," Y/N groaned grabbing some paper towels putting them under his nose. "Go apologize or do some-fucking-thing to make this better," she stormed off back inside the clubhouse.

A few minutes later, Eli walked back into the clubhouse. All the conversations stopped, and everyone turned to look at him. "Guys, I'm sorry for what I said. I didn't mean it and it was so fucking stupid of me to say it. I love you guys and I'm sorry," he finished off his speech. Everyone started clapping and cheering while Eli's teammates went up to hug him. "Let's win this fucking game!" he yelled.