Chapter Fourteen: May 28th, 1821

"Do you suppose Christopher has begun searching the forest yet?" Minnie asked her husband as they packed up their belongings, preparing to continue searching the forest after a restless night in the woods. 

"Perhaps. Hopefully he is still searching the west village though."  

"We should have told your parents to try and stall him. They could tell him Kallie ran off to Ohio or something." 

"Yes, that would have been a good idea. We will just have to do our best to find her first."

Jamison watched the humans in his territory from a distance, staying completely still. The two humans looked stressed, and he'd feel awful if he frightened them. His heart skipped a beat when he heard Kallie's name. He wondered if these two could be her friends from town. By the sound of it, they were working against this Christopher, not with him. 

Jamison rushed to Kallie to deliver the news. He didn't even think twice about aggravating Tucker for trespassing. He leapt over the river and was standing in Tucker's campsite in no time. 

Tucker was cooking over the fire, he instantly stood once Jamison appeared. "What do you want?" 

"Where is she?" Jamison looked around.

"Still sleeping." Tucker motioned towards the tent. 

"Not anymore." Kallie announced, sticking her head outside. 

"There are two people in the forest. I think they may be looking for you." Jamison explained. 

Kallie looked nervous; Tucker looked suspicious. 

"Could it be your friends, David and Minnie?" 

Kallie came outside. "I...I don't know. What did they look like?"

"The man had blonde hair; the woman had darker hair I think."

"That could be them." Her eyes lit up. "How far from here?" 

"Just a quick run for me. More like an entire day for you. I—" Jamison was going to offer to take her to them, but she looked to Tucker.

"Can you take me to them, Tucker? I could ride on your back if that is okay with you?"  

"Of course." 

Tucker quickly transformed. 

"Jamison, could you help me?" Kallie asked standing beside Tucker whose massive body towered over her. Jamison gave her a boost. "Will you lead us to them?" Jamison nodded and took off, Tucker right on his tail.

Kallie gripped Tucker's fur in her hands, trying her best not to fall off. She had never moved this fast before. All she saw were blurs of green and brown. The wind whipping her hair all around and causing her eyes to tear. 

Both men slowed down as they got closer. Once at a full stop, Jamison helped Kallie down. Tucker was back to his human form. "They are just over there." Jamison pointed in the distance. Kallie saw her two friends traveling through the woods. They each looked equally exhausted. Which didn't surprise her given they were traveling on foot now. 

"That's them." She looked up at both men. "What are they doing out here? Have they lost their minds?" she shouted in a whisper. 

"I am assuming they are out here because they are worried about you." suggested Tucker.

"What do you want to do?" Jamison asked.

"I suppose they should know that I am safe." 

She took her time walking towards them, their backs turned to her. She glanced back, each man gave her an encouraging smile. Kallie got closer to them, then finally said. "Minnie? David?"