We don't talk about Bruno

Y/n POV

Mirabel and I silently walked up the stairs, being cautious as to not make a sound since we heard Alma talking.

The two of us poked our heads from behind the stair railing, watching as Alma walked arm-in-arm with Israel.

"Such a perfect match." Alma praised him with a smile as they walked farther from us.

"So perfect." Israel nodded, smiling at Alma as flower petals fell behind him.

I sighed in frustration, feeling anger boiling inside of me. I quickly shook it off, gesturing Mirabel to follow me.

"And so good for the encanto." I heard Alma say to him as we neared Bruno's door.

Mirabel and I walked up the steps, her feeling a bit intimidated by the door alone. I reassured her with a smile.

I twisted the doorknob, grunting a bit as I pushed the door open. I sighed as Mirabel and I walked inside of the sandy room.

We looked ahead and saw a waterfall made of sand. I suddenly had nostalgia, smiling a bit at the sandfall.

The two of us walked closer to the sandfall, Mirabel sticking her hand in it.

"Casita. Can you turn off the sand?" Mirabel asked it while we turned our heads. Casita lifted up some tiles, meaning that it couldn't do anything beyond that point.

"Mira, they can't help in here." I said, putting a hand on her shoulder. Casita lifted up its tiles again, confirming what I had just said. Soon, the tiles started to go crazy, and I'm guessing Casita was worrying about us.

"We'll be fine." Mirabel reassured it, turning back around with a confident look. "I need to do this. For you, for abuela... Maybe a little for me." She quickly muttered that last part, making me smile at her. She sucked in a breath, already walking towards the sandfall. "'Find the vision, save the....'" She started, already walking towards the sandfall.

"Wait, Mira!" I yelled, but it was too late. She had already fallen down the hill.

I winced when I heard her groan in pain. I slightly looked back to look at Casita, who had simply shrugged.

I sighed and made a shield of ice. I put it over my head to not get sand in my hair, then I put it down and used it as a sled to go down the sandy hill.

I stopped near a faceplanted Mirabel, looking at her in slight amusement. "I tried to warn you." I told her, making the shield dissolve as she got up and spit out some sand from her mouth.

"You couldn't have done it sooner?" She asked me with a sarcastic smile, taking off her sand filled glasses. I shrugged in response.

I helped her get up, the two of us looking at a huge sign that read 'SU FUTURO ESPERA' on a rock that looked like a hand. (Your future awaits.)

We then looked beside it and saw the huge set of stairs that we had to climb.

I remembered how much I hated it.

"Whoa." Mirabel muttered in awe. The two of us soon flinched when we heard something land near us. We turned our heads and slightly smiled at the toucan. "Oh, hello." Mirabel greeted him, making him chitter in response. "Lot of stairs... But at least we'll have a friend." She smiled, us soon deadpanning when we saw how he flew away.

"Nope. He flew flew away immediately. Lucky." I muttered with a slightly jealous tone.

The toucan squawked as he flew up, almost as if he were mocking us. The both os us sighed in annoyance.