5

whoopsies forgot this book existed anyways so

Adam ran home the next day, not even bothering to look for Jonah to go home with. He hated the stupid Band Club and never wanted in to it. He threw his bag at the wall once he had slammed it shut. With deep heaves of breaths, he slowly regained his breaths. He glanced at his black and white electric guitar. It hadn't been touched in a while. He slowly traced over the hard strings of it.

"Give it a go, Adam." It was like it was calling to him. He picked up the electric guitar and strum it once. The electric guitar made the same lovely sound he liked hearing all those years ago. He strum it a few more times, playing a song after a while. A knock on his room door startled him, making him drop the guitar. He winced as it made impact with the floor but wasn't broken.

"Adam! There's someone here to see you!" His mother called. Signing, he opened the door.

"Hey." Sarah waved.

"What are you doing here and how did you get my address." He said in that low voice he did when he was mad.

Mildly startled, Sarah took one small step back. "Jonah gave it to me."

"Damn."

Sarah gave a light chuckle.

"You don't play the guitar too bad, if you ask me."

".. Thanks."

"Look.." Sarah looked down at her feet. "We know it hasn't exactly been warm and friendly in the band but, why not give it a try?"

Adam's jaw was clenched tight, his fingers curled up into fists. His eyes were narrowed and he calmly told Sarah.

"I'm not interested, and never will be." He slammed the door, leaving Sarah by herself. She walked down the stairs to see Mrs Murray cooking dinner.

"Not staying long, dear?" She gave Sarah a weary little smile.

"No, Mrs Murray." She returned the smile.

"Alright dear, have a safe walk home."