His friend

NOAH POV

I think it's funny how you can find yourself alone with someone else in an ideal situation.

I'm laying on the floor, staring into Cody's deep blue eyes when I know deep down he would rather be here with Gwen.

It's funny.

I wish I could lay in the lights forever with him, but he couldn't care, he'd just get bored.

The door is open so I can hear my family downstairs, I didn't feel like shutting the door but now I wish I had.

Cody sits up, I knew he would get bored laying here.

He reaches over to grab his Dr. Pepper but ends up spilling it off the nightstand onto my bed.

"Oh crap! I am so sorry Noah! I swear I was just trying to get some I didn't mean to spill it! I'll go get some paper towels." Cody stands up and runs into the bathroom.

I sigh.

There is no way it comes out of the sheets, but I'm for some reason not even mad. It's hard to be mad at Cody.

He runs back in with a handfull of toilet paper attempting to clean it off my bed.

I sit up from the floor "Hey it's fine" 

He continues to try to clean it off my bed.

"No it's not fine! I know how your parents feel about brining drinks upstairs and I just spilled it!" He's vigorously trying to wipe it up but it's only soaking in more.

"Whatever Cinderella, I just won't tell them" I roll my eyes and lay back down on the floor and close my eyes.

"But they'll find out!" He sounds genuinely concerned.

"Cody, for the last time, it's fine" I relax myself. Cody sighs and lays back on the floor.

"What are we doing Noah?" He turns his head to look at me.

"Hanging out" I turn my head to face his, looking into those pools of blue eyes. Cody sighs.

"No, what are we doing, we're laying on the floor not doing anything." He sounds impatient, why can't he relax.

"Sometimes doing nothing is the best thing" I never get breaks, so with this being my first sleepover with a friend I want it to be a break. 

Cody sighs, I know he doesn't like doing nothing. 

God, I want to kiss him so badly.

It's stupid I know, I don't even like him I just...

He's perfect, everything about him. As much as I love being his friend, I would at least like one moment of more. One moment to be with him.

It doesn't matter, Cody's straight.

Maybe I'll get lucky and he'll think that I'm someone else.

Just then Cody muttered something, I don't remember what he said, was he trying to tell me something? Or just talking to himself?

Maybe moments filled with nothing aren't the best, I can't stop thinking.

Yes I want to kiss him, no I don't want to ruin our friendship. Yes I want to hold him, no I don't want him to tell people.

And the problem is I no he doesn't want to do the same with me. Maybe I'll get lucky and he'll think that I'm someone else.

But wheres the fun in that? I want Cody to kiss me, I don't want Cody to kiss me thinking I'm Gwen.

Stupid feelings.

All I can do is stare at his lips, it's so addicting. I can just imagine my lips on his, imagine what it would feel like.