Chapter 33.

So heartless

So heartless. Yet so full of
Feeling.

My heart thumped against my heart as I swinged my legs back and forth making Lith look up from her phone and shot a glare at my direction. I grinned at her as she huffs out an annoyed breath. Before taking out a cigarette.

The cigarette hung free between her lips as her hands worked on lighter. She lighted her cigarette as a organe flame illuminated her features.

I watched her with soft gentle eyes drinking in every move of hers. Her black iris glided on me as she exhaled the smoke that misted around her sharp yet soft features. I scrunched my nose as the smell of cigarette filled my nostrils.

I leapt up and abruptly snatched her cigarette from her mouth catching her off guard as I crushed the burning cigarette on the coffee table with my bare hand. "What the Fuck Ciel!" She squeaked before her eyes went to my hand. She took my hand I'm her beautiful, small yet firm palm inspecting it closely.

She left it, trying to avoid that she even touched my palm. I smiled at her action. And then again the most grumpy crazy hot-headed woman was back.
"Why did you snatched my cigarette?" She grumbled while picking out another cigarette. That too was snatched away from me before it could touch her lips.

"Don't you think it's bad. Bad for your health." My eyes traveled from her eyes to her lips that held unsaid curse for me. "And for your lips."

She rolled her eyes before mumbling "Crazy" under her breath. "So when are leaving?" She asks.

"I—" After hearing nothing from she raised an eyebrow.

"What. Don't you want to leave? Or you already fell in love... with this place. Huh?" She asks emotionlessly while glancing at me. I widened my eyes at her comment.

"No. How in the world–" I was cutt off by the loud screech of the main gate. And me and Lith looked at each other with an questioning gaze before she says,"Wait I will check" while walking towards the door. Without saying anything I too quietly followed her.

The door opened and there stood... the guy from earlier that is called he isn't a friend of mine by Lith... Ash stood with an bouquet of sunflower in his hand and without permission of Lith he dashed in. Before hugging me, I returned his warmth with same enthusiasm he did.

We broke the hug as a large grin spread across his lips. He forwarded the bouquet of sunflowers towards me while winking, "Thought this would suit you." He says, as no words were able to form in my mouth.

I took the bouquet of brightest yellow picked sunflowers gratefully hugging it closer to my chest, "Told ya right that we will meet soon." He says, and from the corner we heard Lith scoff at being ignored that too in her own damn house.

But seriously I really want to be friend with Ash now not cause of the ongoing mission: Emotion but cause I really want to be.

I grinned at him, as we moved inside where he spotted our leftover bowls of ramen. Before faking a gasp "Oh. Wait- Wait did I interrupt something. God I should leave you both continue." His feet carried him backward as he raised his hands up in surrender.

Processing in his words a sudden realization dawned at me before I widened my eyes and a light shade of pink was dusted from neck to cheeks.

"Shut the Fuck up Ash." Lith demanded no commanded him in a voice that made shiver roll down my spine.

Ash rolled his eyes at her before making his way to kitchen. Now I get why Lith don't like dramatic movies... cause she has a whole new episode of hers everyday. I Nervously smiled at Lith. Only to hear her curse "idiots" before she grabbed onto her laptop while taking a seat on couch.

"CIEL WANNA HAVE A DRINK" Ash yelled from the kitchen only to make Lith glare at me. Wait- why me?

"SURE" I too yelled for him to hear and again earning a glare from Lith and this it really looked like 'Oh. Where are my guns. Let me grab one.' So shutting my mouth I made a quick turn to kitchen.

I laughed as I took a seat on the stool behind the kitchen counter. Ash looked over his shoulder before carrying two glasses of whiskey towards the counter he took a seat beside me. "Never thought you would drink." He says while taking a sip from his glass

I playfully grin spread while bringing my glass of whiskey to my lips. "Why?" I asked

He shrugged off his shoulder before replying "You didn't look a type of guy to drink."

"Don't worry you won't have to pick my ass and throw into your car and drop me home. I have a high tolerance." I laughed while patting his arm.

Eventhough we had just met some hours ago. It didn't look like we weren't friends. Maybe it was sort of supernatural power he had. We drank together and what was shocking that we were comfortable to even curse each other.

“By the way.” I tried to sound casual as I fiddled with the sleeve of my shirt. “Halloween is coming up, and I was thinking of pulling some pranks. Is there anything Lith is scared of? Clowns, spiders, heights…”

Ash looked over me as I were some sort of alien “Halloween is more than two months away. You dumb ass.”
“Yeah, but it sneaks up on you, and I want to prepare.”
“Hmm.” Ash tapped his fingers on his thigh. “Hmm…”
“Any time before I’m ninty would be great.” I grumbled
“Shut up Fucker. You know how hard it is to think of something Lilithh is scared of? I’ve known her since she was 8 years old. You can calculate how many years it have been I aint good with maths, and I’ve never once seen her afraid.”
My face fell. Well, Oh shit.
“You could try the usual stuff people hate, but I doubt you’d get anywhere.” Ash shrugged. “One time we ran into a bear while hiking and the fuck she didn’t even blink. Just stood there looking bored and annoyed until the bear wandered off. Jump scares don’t work either. Trust me—I’ve tried many
times to prank him in the past and failed every time.”
“Good to know.”

"And I doubt she would be even scared if a dead came out of his grave."

Perhaps this phase was a lost cause. If Ash, who probably knew Lith much better than anyone in my knowledge, couldn’t scare her, then no one can.
His eyes sparkled with mischief “Is this your idea?”
“Mine. Why?”

"Nothing cause I'm in whenever you plan to execute it." He laughs off as he rakes a hand through his hair. “Hey, and yeah let me know if you succeed in pranking her and take a video of it for me. I could use the laugh.”

I nervously giggled before muttering a small "Sure."
I looked over the clock. Fuck it was past seven.
"Hey. I'm sorry I need to leave its already past seven I can't stay more." I rambled

"Ya sure even I need to leave maybe I can use the time and drop you home? It sounds wonderful doesn’t it.” He says while getting from the stool and brushing off the invisible dust from his
clothes.
No going home right now doesn’t know why don't sound wonderful and God know why the Fuck it doesn't.

"Yes. Please. Thankyou." I said as I too got up from my seat ready to leave.

"No. He won't go with you. I will drop him." Lith's sudden emergence of voice almost made me jump from my place. "Heck. You scared me." I breathed out.

She didn't said anything just stode like a statue while shooting daggers at Ash from her eyes.
Ash raised his hands up in surrender as he says "No one taking him away from you. Don't worry."

Lith grabbed onto her car keys and made her way towards garage while I silently followed her. But before leaving I literally yelled a reminder for Ash.
"Don't forget to get some rest you fucker." He smiles at my reminder.
"And night Ashy." I yelled again before running for my dear life

“Don’t call me that,” he grumbled. “Night.”

I made a mental note in my mind.
PHASE FEAR STATUS: ON A PAUSE (INDEFINITELY)