Father Mallari Story

*Hades told the story of Father Mallari.Juan Severino Mallari was a Filipino Catholic priest. He is the first documented serial killer from the Philippines. During the Spanish colonial period, Mallari served as a parish priest in Magalang, Pampanga. He reportedly killed 57 people in the area. In 1840, he was hanged for his crimes.Between the years 1816-1826, a string of 57 murders occurred in Magalang in Pampanga province. For many years, the names of the victims weren't even known.*Her sister was shocked. She punched Hades with all her might. "What is your problem sis!", Hades said. Her sister did not speak and listen to him again. Hades continued the story of Father Mallari. Instead of continuing his story, he told the story of "the three little pigs with a twist", then he laughed. Her sister's chicks became red and get her sit and throw to Hades. Hades was off the bench. Her sister pick him up and roped him. "Ok,ok, ok, I will be serious", Hades said.*Hades continue his story."Murders in MagalangBetween the years 1816–1826, a string of murders of 57 people occurred in scattered parts of the town of Magalang in Pampanga province. It was during a time when the Spanish colonial government reigned in the Philippines and both Spaniards and natives alike were horrified and on the hunt for the responsible party.The nature of the crimes was relatively unheard of, and the information regarding these incidents is very limited.But other sources claim that it all started earlier in 1812 when a young Filipino became their parish priest after several rejections while applying for a position of power usually held by the colonizers at that time. His name was Father Juan Severino Mallari.Juan Severino Mallari was born in Macabebe, Pampanga, studied theology at the University of Santo Tomas, and became an ordained priest in 1809. He flitted from town to town in the province as an assistant priest, and decided to apply as a full-fledged parish pastor. He was rejected four times, but despite these failures, he did not give upEventually, it all paid off when Magalang welcomed him with open arms as the first Filipino to preside over the parish. His flock admired him as one of their own, without the fear inspired by the Spanish friars. Mallari was described as a gifted person who was the second Filipino to master the art of calligraphy, which he used to decorate the parish's annual reports.How Did He Get Caught?The lack of clues or suspects in the killings rendered the cases unsolved until Fr. Mallari contracted an unknown illness sometime in 1826. He needed attendants who would look after him, and by accident they found the bloody personal belongings of his alleged victims in his place of residence.The discovery was a shock to many since a talented artist and a man of God was the last person anyone would think capable of such horrific crimes. Talks about his mental instability began to surface, but he was taken to Manila for imprisonment instead of receiving treatment for his worsening mental condition.*His sister shut Hades. She was amazed and go outside. She went to buy snacks. She went back"*Hades told his story"Trial and ExecutionAccording to accounts, Mallari stated that his motivations were driven by his pursuit of curing his ailing mother, whom he believed was bewitched by a mangkukulam (the Tagalog word for "witch"). In his mind, killing his parishioners led him one step closer to his mother's recovery.However, there's no evidence that "killing people to save a person's soul" was a practice in the form of witchcraft Mallari would have been familiar with, and there were no records of what illness his mother was suffering from. It's reasonable to think that many of Mallari's beliefs and actions were caused by delusional thinking, due to a mental break.His trial caused much frenzy in the Filipino population and the Spaniards used this to further reinforce their biased belief that the native indigenous population (called Indios by the Spanish) had a natural tendency to believe in supernatural tall tales.In 1840, after languishing in jail for 14 years, Fr. Juan Severino Mallari was hanged for his crimes as the first (and perhaps only) documented serial killer in the Philippines.He was also the first Filipino priest executed by the Spanish colonial government, predating the more famous GomBurZa by 32 years (the combined last names of three priests who were falsely accused of treason and sedition and executed by garrote).TimelineBefore 1809Mallari was from San Nicolas , Pampanga, south of Magalang. He studied theology at the University of Santo Tomas.[3]1809Fr. Mallari completed his studies at the University and was ordained, after which he became the coadjutor in Gapan, Lubao, and Bacolor. He then vied for the position of parish priest in several areas, namely Orani, Mariveles, and Lubao but was consistently rejected.[4]1816-1826Fr. Mallari became the parish priest in Magalang, Pampanga for 10 years. It was during this period that he started believing his mother was cursed (or kinulam), which became his motive for killing. He believed killing people could cure his mother's ailments.[5] It is also plausible that around this time, Fr. Mallari's peers noticed signs of the priest's mental instability.[2]He contracted an unknown illness sometime in 1826 , which led to an attending priest, who had to look after Fr. Mallari,[3] finding the personal belongings of his victims in his home.[1] Fr. Mallari was imprisoned for 14 years. However, Dr. Luciano Santiago argued the priest should have been sent to the first mental health institution in the Philippines instead.[6] Dr. Santiago might have been referring to either Hospicio de San Jose or San Lazaro Hospital.[7]During this period, Fr. Mallari also pursued calligraphy, earning him the recognition of being the second Filipino calligraphic artist-priest, after Fr. Mariano Hipolito.[4]1840The Spanish colonial government executed Fr. Mallari by hanging. His execution took place 32 years prior to the GomBurZa execution, where three priests were killed for being falsely accused of treason and sedition.*His sister went outside and shout! Why!!!!! Why!!!! Why bro!!! She went back to her brother and chocked him. Hades passed out of breath"*She get pen and draw her brother's face like a demon with two horns on him*