𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔 - 𝐈 𝐊𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐬

"It's a scene, and we're out here in plain sight"

꧁༺♥︎༻꧂

Once again, as always after something dramatic happens, the five of us are sitting on the porch of John B's chateau.

Me and Kie were sitting on the couch, Pope was sitting in a chair, John B was walking around, and it was for some reason stressing me out, and JJ was throwing rocks at the grass.

John B had just told us about the visit he got from Peterkin this morning. He didn't want to go to a foster care, i heard it in his voice.

"I'm calling it off" John B finally said, like a knife slicing the silence. I didn't even have to look at JJ to know the disappointed look in his eyes.

"Peterkin said, if i stay out of the marsh, she'll help me with DCS" John B continued, while bouncing a yellow ball against the wooden floor.

"And you believed her?" JJ suddenly questioned, but i wasn't surprised. John B looked at him with annoyance in his eyes. "Yes, I believed her" he replied.

"An actual cop? John B, you believed a cop?" JJ continued throwing pebbles, disagreeing on the situation.

"Look, all i've got to do is stay out of the marsh for a couple of days, and she'll help me out" John B tried explaining. Though i hate the cops as well, i had to agree with John B on this one.

"And it doesn't help that your ass was the one shooting with a gun!" John B said, sounding a little bit more angry, but he was at least being reasonable.

They kept arguing about it. I covered my face with both of my hands, and leaned forward with my elbows on my knees. I hate when they're fighting.

"They always win, don't they?" JJ suddenly says. "Kooks versus pouges, they always win!" He continued, sounding pretty angry now.

"It's okay!" Kiara suddenly interrupted, not that it helped much. JJ was already pretty upset about the situation.

"No it's not okay!" JJ yelled out, staring at Kie while doing so. He looked more and more upset for each moment that passed. I listened to the argument, scanning all of their reactions, but i never bothered to say anything. I wouldn't make the situation any better, anyway.

JJ kept ranting about why we should go back to the marsh, even though John B had just told us about Peterkin's warning. But as always, rules were meant to be broken. At least that's what JJ always says, though i must disagree sometimes.

JJ obviously wanted to go back to the marsh, as he knew there was something valuable in that wreck. He was trying to convince us to go back again.

"And what if we don't find anything? Is it really worth the risk?" I finally said, looking up at JJ. He stared at me for a few seconds, before answering.

"Yes it is, because there is something valuable in that wreck, and you know it" He pointed at me while saying it, before turning to look at the rest of the group. "You all do".

I pressed my lips together. This wasn't a good idea.

"I understand why you don't want to go" JJ spoke while switching his attention to Pope. "You're the golden boy, you've got way too much to risk".

He then turned around to look at Kie. "And you're already rich as fuck anyway" he says while looking at her, and Kie just furrowed her brows.

He then looked at me. "But you" he paused for a second, as if he was re-considering what to say about me. "I know you, you probably don't want to go" he continued.