CHAPTER 7 -Kame Island-

Third person POV

'W-what happened...?' The moment Ringo's eyes fluttered opened, her expression mirrored the sheer chaos unfolding before her.

The sky, once filled with joy and celebration, was now engulfed in a thick blanket of smoke. With a sense of urgency, she hurried to the edge, desperate to witness the horrifying sight of her village under siege. The once joyful celebration quickly descended into chaos as a barrage of projectiles showered the area, plunging the night into a horrifying ordeal. An overwhelming sense of fear swept through the crowd as their cries mixed with the unsettling cacophony of chaos.

"...!"

Horror gripped Ringo as she beheld the unfolding tragedy. Without hesitation, her instincts took over, and she turned to Gon with determination in her eyes. Before he could react, she soared towards the besieged village, leaving Gon behind.

"Wait! Rin--"

Gon's eyes widened in concern as he watched Ringo's silhouette disappear into the chaos.

"Rin!!!" He called out to her, his voice carrying a mix of worry and urgency.

But she was already gone. Gon could only watch with a sense of helplessness as the unfolding events threatened to unravel the peaceful fabric of their world.

'I need to protect her!'

Filled with a newfound determination, Gon sprinted towards the village, his strides fueled by concern and a resolute desire to protect Rin. The forest canopy above seemed to blur as he raced through the trees, the echoes of chaos growing louder with each step.

As he neared the outskirts of the village, the acrid scent of smoke intensified, and the distant sounds of explosions and screams became more pronounced. Gon's heart pounded in his chest, but he pushed aside his fear, focusing on the singular goal of ensuring Rin's safety.

************************

Killua's heart pounded in sync with the thunderous roars of missiles tearing through the sky. Flames danced in the heavens, casting an ominous glow that painted the clouds with shades of crimson and ebony. The air was thick with the acrid scent of burning wood.

Carrying his sister in his arms, Killua sprinted with a determination etched across his face. The urgency of the situation propelled him forward, each step a lightning-quick blur against the backdrop of pandemonium. His sister clung to him, her wide eyes reflecting the terror that echoed through the village streets.

As they raced towards the evacuation point, the ground beneath them trembled with the force of explosions. The once familiar paths were now strewn with debris, obstacles that Killua skillfully navigated with the grace of a feline predator. His agile movements were fueled by a mix of fear and determination to ensure his sister's safety.

Reaching the port, the scene unfolded before them like a chaotic tapestry. Villagers, a sea of terrified faces, rushed towards awaiting ships. Kamesenryuu's disciples guided them with urgent gestures, their voices drowned by the cacophony of destruction. Ships bobbed in the harbor, their outlines blurred by the smoke that hung in the air like a haunting veil.

Killua gently placed his sister on the deck of a ship, the sense of relief fleeting as he looked into her eyes.

"Alluka, stay here. I'll be back." he instructed.

"Take care, Onii-chan." She said before he turned away.

With a swift about-face, Killua ventured back into the chaos, determination etched across his countenance. The village still echoed with cries for help, and he couldn't turn a blind eye. It was then that he unleashed his lightning ability.