The Island

MIAMI

5 PM

Mulder and Scully conduct a video call meeting with Director Skinner where they ask for the videos from the street cameras surrounding the mall.

-Sir, I understand that these cameras are state of the art, high definition and can also detect the heat and weight of the vehicles on the streets.

-Indeed, Agent Scully, these cameras were installed at the end of December 2023, but what are your hypotheses, agents?

-For now it's just conjecture sir- Mulder exclaims.

Later, when reviewing the videos from the cameras around the mall, they realize that a white van is repeated several days leaving and entering the mall's parking lots. Upon verifying the weight of the van, using state-of-the-art camera technology, they realize that on the day of the incident the van left 10 minutes later with an excess weight of 560 pounds, which had not occurred on previous days, always entering and leaving with the same weight.

-Mulder, we can infer a theft of valuables from inside the mall.

-There was nothing of value reported missing Scully, there were no reports of stolen or lost valuables on the day of the incident. Let's keep digging into where the Scully van is headed and maybe we can conclude a theory that will lead us to the end of this case.

After a long, long day of work reviewing the camera footage and driving around Miami, the van pulls up outside a veterinarian's pharmacy.

Scully and Mulder head to the pharmacy to review the cameras and find out what the purchase was at the time. Once they have the detailed information, they get into the car and quickly head to the hotel to continue checking the cameras and see where the van is finally parked. The van finally arrives at one of Miami's ports, from where they unload medium-sized containers and load them onto a small luxury ship with an uncertain address.

-Mulder, we finally have some clues as to what happened and some evidence, I think we should meet with Skinner and deliver the report.

That same night they travel to the FBI offices in Virginia.

-Sir, you were right about your hunch about this case.

-What do you mean Agent Scully- Skinner replies.

-Sir -Scully replies-we have several indications that this goes beyond alleged encounters with strange beings.

-What do you say, Agent Mulder?

-Sir, we have investigated with Agent Scully and there are many things that are unexplained in this case, such as the fact that everyone's cell phones have been confiscated and we don't have access to those recordings, that the mall cameras didn't work that day, that there are no recordings of the police body cameras, that the videos of the fireworks or teenage fights have not been leaked on the internet until today, which is precisely what they do, record their fights and upload them to the internet.

-On the other hand, sir-continues Scully-in the interviews with each of the workers in the sector where the events supposedly occurred, we found several inconsistencies, such as the absence of photographs of children, taking into account that in their workplace it seems that they attended with children and when we asked if they had children, their answer was vague, as if they did not remember, you will understand that it is very strange, sir.

-I understand Scully- Skinner exclaims.

-Then, sir-Mulder continues-we looked at the videos of the streets of Miami and we found a suspicious van with a rental license plate, which was repeated every day, the last day it left the mall 10 minutes after the supposed incident and thanks to the technology of the cameras we were able to verify that its weight was 550 pounds more than usual, that is to say, there was a theft of some element from the mall.