The Sorting Hat

Rhaella was attending one of her History/ Politics lessons with Dumbledore. At ten years old she possessed more knowledge then your average adult.

"So what did we learn, Ella?" Dumbledore asked her, bringing their lesson to it's conclusion.

"That most wars, if not all, against Creatures in the Magical Community stem from the mistreatment and lack of representation of these creatures." Rhaella said.

"Precisely, but it goes deeper then that. Why do you think Wizards see themselves as superior to the other creatures of our shared magical world?" Dumbledore inquired.

"Because we discovered the secrets of wandcores and learned how to harness it. And because we kept the secrets of wandcores to ourselves, we regulate who can have access to wands. This caused problems because wandcores are still the most powerful way to channel magic, so by wizards keeping wandcores to themselves, the other magical creatures were left at a disadvantage. They had nothing that could compete with wands and ultimately wizards pushed them into a hierarchical society with the wizards on top." Rhaella recited.

Dumbledore nodded. "Precisely, well done. The Ministry in particular is often insistent of trying to suppress our fellow creatures by creating regulations designed to look like they're trying to keep order and even help those creatures, but in truth all they want is control. Control over everything."

"What stops them?" Rhaella asked.

"The public." Dumbledore told her. "The public wield more power then they realise. You'll find it's hard to rule over people who hate you. That's why public opinion is so important."

Rhaella sat there silently for a few moments comprehending what she was being told.

"That's why Rhaella, when you become Queen, the needs of the people most out  weigh your own. Always." Dumbledore said.

Rhaella nodded her head. It wasn't anything she hadn't heard before.

Dumbledore studied the ten year old girl infront of him, pleased with how she was turning out. She was very intelligent for her age, well tempered and well mannered. As well as charming and had a quick wit that would serve her well when the time came for her to be thrusted into the public eye. She was turning into the perfect Princess that would serve the realm well when the time came.

For Rhaella's life could never be her own, she had to live for the welfare of her people. Her life had to be devoted to their service if the House of Capell was to survive. Of course it was a heavy weight for any child to carry, even a child born to carry the weight. But to Dumbledore’s great pride, Rhaella didn't falter. Never buckled at the weight.

But Dumbledore had to remind himself – often – that she was still a child. Just a ten year old girl. She had a glum expression, knowing the reality of her life.

"Why don't we finish early today?" Dumbledore suggested. "I believe Hagrid's going to check on some new unicorn foals that have just been born in the Forest. I'm sure he'd love your company."

Rhaella perked up immediately. "Really?" She asked in disbelief. They never finished early.

Dumbledore chuckled. "Yes. You should hurry. You don't want to miss Hagrid."

Rhaella grinned and quickly stood up. She ran over to Dumbledore and hugged him around the waist, taking him by surprise.

"Thanks, Uncle Albie!" Rhaella rejoiced and dashed out of his office, her cat Amata running after her.

Dumbledore waved his wand and the desk Rhaella had been working on moved to side to rest against the wall.

"She won't be a child forever, Albus." The Portrait of Headmaster Dippet said.