[001] precious daughter

                              At the end of the day, Catherine Roy will always be her father's favorite daughter. And she's suffered the burden of that for as long as she could remember.

                              She knows it has something to do with the fact that she reminds her dad of his little sister. After all, he did give her name as Catherine's middle name - Catherine Rose Roy. All Catherine knew was that she had died very young from Polio and her dad had taken it pretty hard. No one dared to mention her, not unless they wanted to get slapped. And what she also knew was that because she reminded him of her, it meant that he'd always keep her closer. He loved her in his own fucked-up way.

                             Catherine has known from a young age that her father's love didn't feel like love at all. He kept her under a tight leash and made sure the whole world loved her. She donated to countless charities and she always went to parties, rubbing shoulders with the right people and winning them over with her sugary sweet, superficial charm. With a bright smile, Catherine played the role of the prodigal daughter better than anyone else. Really, Catherine was the only reason why people still liked the Roy's which were arguably, one of the most hated families in America.

                             And in return for her good efforts, Logan occasionally spoiled her rotten. Catherine didn't ask for much. But what she did ask for, he delivered. Logan had even giving her the title of CFO of Waystar Royco just a couple years ago as a birthday present. It had been the best birthday gift of Catherine's life. And Catherine worked her ass ever since, helping to keep the corrupt yet successful company thriving even through the changing times.