Chapter 2

The Connection

Faith gasped and placed her hands in his gently and simply nodded. She was not much of a dancer but was happy Daniel took the lead. Faith was astonished that she was feeling enamored by his touch and presence. What was different? This was Daniel for crying out loud. Her childhood brother and friend. The boy who pulled her hair laughed at her and tortured her for years with pranks and jokes that made her cross. Why was she feeling suddenly lightheaded and tongue-tied around him?

Daniel felt his heart thudding as he touched her hands and waist. Having her in his arms was a dream come true. Next, to developing a relationship with God, finding true love would make him the happiest man on earth.

Faith was pulling all his strings and he could not breathe momentarily inhaling the pleasurable scent of her hair and delightful cologne. Faith bit her lip trying to concentrate on something else. Who was she kidding? Daniel smelled amazing and was intoxicating her nostrils with his manly scent that made her alert of the strong and attractive man in her arms. "He sees you as a little sister. Don't read nothing into this," Faith's subconscious thoughts rang out in her ears. When the music stopped, she slipped out of his arms and said, "Thanks for the dance."

Daniel was also at a loss for words in the moment and simply nodded. Faith held a permanent place in his heart and he needed to communicate it to her.

Faith kept a low profile after the dance. She wondered if a sign was printed on her head that said "date me." Surprisingly, she was being approached and asked out on dates. It was already enough wondering what had happened earlier with Daniel. After she broke up with John, she did not date for over a year focusing on her career, finding herself and a deeper relationship with God. She had prayed that the next man she dated would be her future husband. Daniel was concerned when he saw several guys approach Faith. He assumed they were asking her out. It reminded him of how he felt in high school when guys were around her. He knew Faith was naïve when it came to guys. Daniel knew it was selfish of him but he wanted Faith far away from other guys.

"Do you want me to tell her that you are in love with her?" Matthew said touching him on the shoulder.

"Don't you dare," Daniel panicked. "You have to tell her before she moves on. I am rooting, and praying that you two find each other. Brother, you have to make a move and fight for her if you want her," Matthew said. Daniel had prayed that God would lead him to his future wife. He was not going to miss out on this opportunity. Daniel was convinced he needed to tell her his true feelings.