Lost My Way And Lost My Mind~ 🗣️🎶

At Gon's behest, Hisoka locked the gate behind him before entering the backyard of Killua's grandfather's house.

The kitchen light was on and, as they stepped onto the back deck, a light came on. The back door slid open.

"Killua, a lovely yet unexpected surprise," his grandfather said as Killua stopped at a distance. Unease pulled him further into Gon's side, practically behind him, to keep a buffer.

His grandfather's eyes settled on Gon first. His eyes, though worn with sleep, gradually lifted to alertness. The cup in his hand steamed, and Killua's eyes trailed with it. After a long pause on Gon's face, his grandfather registered Hisoka and Chrollo behind him.

"Oh," his grandfather said. "This isn't good, is it?"

"Sorry to bother you again," Gon said, sheepishly. "I really appreciated your help, and your grandpa is my best friend now!"

"Grandson," Chrollo corrected.

"Grandson!"

In hindsight, Killua was amazed his grandpa didn't drop the mug. As he shuffled inside, he kept his eyes on Gon and the others. "Come inside and we can talk."

Gon urged Killua over the threshold first. Killua stumbled into the house as if he hadn't set foot in it before. Awkwardly, he fumbled with his shoes but ultimately lost concentration at the ever-changing motion of his shoe laces. Gon ducked down to pluck the laces free despite how they writhed and snared his fingers. Soon, Killua was free from their clutches.

"There," Gon said, beaming up at him.

His grandfather was watching them. He set the mug down. "How did... you two meet."

"We're roommates," Gon said. He gestured to his friends, "I killed Killua's brother, so Hisoka and Chrollo brought him back to life."

If the mug wasn't already set down, it would have shattered. "What?"

Hisoka shut the door behind him and, with a flick of his claw, locked it. As Killua observed, he found his grandfather unable to focus on Illumi. In fact, he didn't seem all that concerned about Chrollo at all. His eyes were alert and flitting between Gon and Hisoka. Can he not see Chrollo's shadows? he wondered.

"We'll be staying here while we fix your grandsons," Chrollo said.

"Grandson," Gon corrected. "Killua and I will be at Hatsu. He's my responsibility."

Hisoka gave a short, cutting laugh. Killua couldn't hear it, but the sound still vibrated his spine, and that cunning, toothy grin was unavoidable.

Gon's expression withered with annoyance. "We're not staying here with you guys."

"Harassing my family wasn't a part of our deal," his grandfather said in as strict a voice as he could muster at two in the morning. "I gave you admittance. I did not give you my grandsons."

"It wasn't intentional!" Gon insisted. "He's like you—Really, he is. He just—Right now he's just—"

"It's a bit late for humans," Chrollo interrupted, patient and calm, if not cold. "We can discuss in the morning. Your grandsons will be fine in the meantime."

Killua caught his grandfather staring at him. He redirected his eyes to Gon's back, ashamed.

"Okay," his grandfather said at last. "But Killua stays here tonight."

"We'll be back in the morning," Gon promised in a half-whine.

His grandfather closed his eyes. He was frustrated, Killua knew, because he'd seen that look before whenever Killua had done something wrong.