Chapter 2: Poor lil Pixie

October came along and the heat from the summer was still desperately trying to hang on. Tina's Halloween party had been a mischievous annual event for her classmates. And this year was going to be no different. Steve had been trying to convince Nancy to come to the party for a whole week, but Barb's influence on her was still stronger than her new boyfriend's. Barb was straight lace and whenever Donna had seen her, a little gloomy. Even Donna had tried to coax the other girls to join them for the festivities, but they were steadfast about a Halloween tradition they had. Something to do with helping hand out candy to kids, movies, and a sleepover. The two girls extended the invitation to Donna, but she declined. Going out was Donna's scene, one that she was going to make sure she didn't miss out on.

Steve wanted to do a couple's costume with Nancy for the party, but with Nancy deciding not to go, he offered it to Donna. There was no way in high hell that Donna was going to be in a couple's costume with Steve.

"That'll squash anything you have blossoming with Nancy. God, you're lucky you have me to explain these things to you."

Later that evening Donna had finished helping her mother work the camera to take photos of her little brother. He was so cute in his costume. He and his friends were all going as different superheroes. Apparently there had been a lot of debate about who was going to be what and a bunch of other stuff that Dustin had explained to Donna, but she couldn't for the life of her remember. Eventually, it was settled that Dustin was going to be Mister Fantastic. Donna thought he looked adorable, but managed to convince Dustin that she thought he looked cool.

Donna was already in her Tinkerbell costume, a strapless green dress with cheap wings at the back. Her light brown curls in a sat tightly in a bun on top of head. Dustin told her she would be cold, but Donna assured her little brother that she will be in a house the whole time and she wasn't at risk of catching a cold.

Steve came around in his car shortly after Dustin headed out on his bike. Donna jumped in trying to ensure that her wings didn't get totally destroyed in the process.

"What are you supposed to be the tooth fairy?" Tommy snickered, lifting his werewolf mask.

"Why? Are you short on cash? Need something to tie you over?" Donna offered a sarcastic smile in return.

"I think you look adorable." Steve tried to placate his two friends. Something he had to do often.

"So do you." Donna nudged him with her arm. Even without Nancy coming along, Steve's costume as Indiana Jones was great, "Where the hell did you get a whip?"

Tommy started to chuckle, "A sex shop."

Donna laughed along as well. Looking back at Tommy to confirm whether or not he was telling the truth. He gestured towards Steve whose face was flushed red in embarrassment. The mental image of Steve in a dirty shop just to complete his halloween costume was pretty funny.

"What are you supposed to be Carol?" Donna asked knowing full well that Carol thinks she too cool to dress up the one day a year people dress up.

"Myself."

"Terrifying" Tommy clutched his heart in feigned horror. The entire car laughed along, except for Carol who always seemed to have a permanent scowl on her face.

When they pulled up to the party, people greeted them eagerly. Drinks were quickly pushed into their hands, Tommy downing his red solo cup hungrily.

Everyone else followed suit, except for Steve, he would have to pace himself a little if he was going to drive everyone home.

The music was electric and calling to Donna, she gave up on trying to drag Carol to the dance floor. Donna ran to everyone else dancing and started to move her feet, hips, arms, fingers, head and anything that she had control over. A cluster of girls had formed and Donna was happy with the atmosphere, the smiles and giggles of the other teenagers around her. After a couple more drinks she was a little more buzzed, Donna's dancing became more animated, hardly getting tired. Her bun become undone and she didn't bother trying to get it back up. Once some softer music started to play, Donna took a break and went looking for Steve. It didn't take long, she could hear the chanting coming from the back yard. Their classmates surrounded Steve and counted up as he attempted his finest keg stand.