One hell of an ice breaker

Seungmin crossed his arms over his stomach, nervously scratching one of his elbows. The car ride had been so quiet, and it was unnerving that his manager wasn't saying anything.

Instead, Jisoo was scrolling feverishly through her phone. The phone suddenly rang, making Seungmin jump slightly. Jisoo didn't flinch, flipping her hair over her shoulder and answering the call.

"We'll be there in three minutes. Yes, exactly three." She hung up without a goodbye and huffed. Seeing Seungmin's worried expression, she smiled.

"Don't worry, they already love you. They wouldn't have signed you if they didn't. I'll take care of everything. Your job today is to get settled in the dorm and meet your co-workers."

Seungmin nodded, but he didn't feel any less nervous.

The cab pulled up to the front of the BTSKZ building, Seungmin dizzy from its height as he stepped out of the car and looked up.

Jisoo appeared beside him, squeezing his shoulder. "You've got this. It's going to be fun; you'll see. It won't be like last time."

The pair entered the building together but parted once they got to the reception desk. Jisoo went one direction to the office portion of the building, and Seungmin went the other way towards the dorms. His suitcases felt like they were getting heavier with each step.

When the elevator door opened to his floor, he saw the hallway was a buzz of activity. A guy was standing across from the elevator, and he stepped towards Seungmin with a big smile, cute bunny teeth front and center.

"Hi! Are you Seungmin?"

Seungmin nodded. The guy was clearly older than him, but not by much. He had large, round eyes that seemed to sparkle when he smiled. His hair was black and shaved partially on the sides to create an attractive undercut. He had on a black tee and Seungmin saw a whole sleeve of tattoos on one arm, plus a lip ring and an eyebrow piercing. It was interesting how he looked like such a badass and such a softy at the same time.

"Cool!" he said. "I'm Jeongguk, your roommate. I thought I could show you around."

The kid was coming on a bit strong for Seungmin's taste, but he also knew if Jeongguk hadn't been here he would have isolated himself immediately. Instead, he gave a small smile to Jeongguk.

"That'd be nice, thank you hyung."

"How do you know I'm older than you?" Jeongguk said as they began walking down the hall.

"You look it." Seungmin replied simply.

"Ouch," Jeongguk grinned, raising an eyebrow.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean that as an insult," Seungmin said quickly. "You just look more put together, I guess."

He needed to work on his conversation skills.

"All good, man," Jeongguk said, smiling and nudging Seungmin with his shoulder.

The hall was loud, full of other what he assumed were his fellow members as well as a few trainees who were singing, dancing, and chatting with each other. They were all gorgeous, Seungmin thought as he and Jeongguk walked by. There were lots of people, but a few caught his eye in particular.

There were two tall men leaning against the wall facing each other laughing hysterically at something only they knew. One had a heart shaped face and deep dimples on both cheeks. The other one was so handsome he looked like he'd stepped out of a period piece about royalty.

Another guy was sitting with his back to the wall, legs outstretched, headphones in while he messed with a hand-held synthesizer. He was nodding his head to the beat, a hoodie pulled over mint-green hair. Jeongguk casually stepped over the man's legs, the latter of which didn't move or even look up. Seungmin took Jeongguk's lead and carefully stepped over the baggy jeans blocking the hall.