𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑶𝒏𝒆 - 𝑫𝒊𝒏𝒈! 𝒀𝒐𝒖'𝒗𝒆 𝑮𝒐𝒕 𝑨 𝑴𝒆𝒔𝒔𝒂𝒈𝒆

Lauren

Lauren

Lauren sat at the cafe, taking a glance around at her surroundings before looking back down at the highlighted section of the script. She played with the pen between her fingers to calm the nerves that had hit her not too long ago.

She rehearsed the lines in her head over and over again then flipped it over to go by her memory. That was one of the best traits she could have as an actor, a near photographic memory. It made memorizing lines a breeze.  She had already been through the initial rounds of audition for this part, Brady's new love interest in the show Virgin River. Lauren adored the show and when her agent saw that they were looking, she knew Lauren would want to try. Now, she's preparing for a chemistry reading.

She took a look at her watch and realized she better get going. The cafe was near the building where the auditions were taking place so it's not like she had to rush but she still wanted to be a little early. As she walked, she kept going over the lines in her head.

"Lauren?" One of the casting ladies called out, and Lauren stood up. "Would you mind coming back in for a moment?" A million thoughts ran through Lauren's head, she's been through this before, but never had she been called back in same day.

"Yeah for sure!" Lauren said in the clearest and friendliest voice she could muster up.

They walked into the room, Ben Hollingsworth standing by the other casting people.

"Hi great Lauren! We hope you don't mind coming back in." One of the guys said, and Lauren just shook her head and smiled.

"It was no problem." Lauren reassures.

"Okay so would you be able to go through this scene with Ben? We know it's not what you practiced, but you can just read it off the script." The guy, who was sat in front of the Mark nameplate earlier, hands Lauren another script. He points to the scene and the highlighted parts. They let Lauren read over it quickly, then she takes the mark beside Ben.

This scene they were doing was a lot more emotional, more vulnerable and raw. She knew what the casting directors were looking for. So she gave it her all.