Chapter 3 | Family

ANNOYANCE WAS THE FIRST THING YOU FELT AS SOON AS YOU GOT HOME. It turns out that leaving your former "prison" leads to another prison. You were stuck inside the crib most of the time when you and your mother got home. Your eye twitched as you looked at everything around you. It was... bland. The crib and toys around you were the only colorful things.

Now, the crib really looked like a prison. You sighed internally, and it wasn't like you wanted your mother to be with you 24/7. That would likely be unpleasant as she would watch you closely to ensure you were okay. So- no. You liked your privacy in your prison (you refuse to call it a crib), thank you very much.

Though it was a bit lonely, you supposed. It had been months since you were left alone again. It wasn't like you weren't used to the feeling. It just made you uncomfortable since you always had your mother humming and the warmth surrounding you before. It was okay; you should be used to it by now.

You only cried when you were hungry or when mother nature called. You wanted to let your mother rest; with your consciousness, you knew labor and birth would always be hard on the mother. It was fine. However, what you were unnerved by was that every time Fugaku came home, he would be taking care of you.... in a sense that he was looking at you and after you.

He changed your diapers and helped with what he could when he got home. It's one of the highlights of your day now. It was amusing to see that he made a face every time he had to change you. Now, you usually would have sympathy. Since it was a rough job for a new parent... But— you were also a little shit. So once (in a while), when he had changed you, you looked him straight in the eyes and soiled your new diaper... meaning he would need to change it 'again'.

That left you with a smirk (a giggle and a smile) for days. Your mother would hear about his complaints, which left her amused. Since she somehow saw amusement in how her son treated his father. (You were left with a slight scolding from her.)

She comes into your room and sighs softly with an amused smile. She whispers in her soft voice while talking to you. "Saisei, I know you prefer me to care for you, but you need to bond with your father. Please take it easy on him. You know how he is..."

After that, you might have felt a little guilty.. but it was worth it. It wasn't like your mother knew you were doing it purposefully to make Fugaku's life harder... But fine. You'd take it easy on him... for a while. Not forever, though.

Somewhere in the house, Fugaku shivered, feeling like something would happen to him.

Your mother had rested for a few weeks as per doctor's orders. She cared for you even though she was still weak, leaving you with a feeling of warmth. She often had a small smile as she fed you. She is the best mother in the world. Not that you had other mothers. But to compare the two mothers you had each life. You'd say your now mother, Mikoto, was great.

Fugaku was still a... 'maybe' in your book. As a father, he did what he could. But he was still too stiff!! You hated his one-word responses, and you think they caught on to that. Whenever Fugaku responded with a "Hn." to your mother, you would always have a glare (an angry baby face) while looking at him. Slowly, he started to answer more appropriately. Which- a win is a win, in your book.

Slowly, you have started to grow these past few months. It was still unnerving to you, to be honest. Just a few months ago, you were smaller than a watermelon. Now, you can stand up on your own with assistance from the crib. It was an improvement. But you wanted to walk now and decided to walk now. If you could stand alone, it would be a smooth sail to walk from there...

At least, that was what you thought. Turns out, trying to stand while your legs aren't fully developed was as tricky as it could get. It felt unfamiliar, new, and heavy for your small legs. Your eye twitched. How were you going to walk if you couldn't even stand yet??

So, for the next few days, you tried to stand up on your crib with and without assistance. You think your mother caught on to what you were doing, and she stayed with you longer, sitting down near you with a smile. You'd prefer if she rested since it looked like she needed it. At least she's sitting down, so it was fine...

Then it finally happened. While your mother was slightly sleepy while still looking after you... you stood up on your own. It took a little while for the scene to process in your mother's head, but when it did... her head shot up abruptly, and she gasped. She clapped happily and smiled brightly. All of the traces of her sleepiness were wiped off in an instant.

You, of course, don't want to disappoint her, so you try to walk to her, step by step, slowly but surely. Though you only got a few steps before you fell, you were then swept up by Fugaku-?! You looked at him, shocked. When did he come home? Your mother was beside him once more.

You look towards Fugaku, and you could see that his Sharingan was activated. It fascinated you. So you did what you could. You grabbed his face and took a closer look at it. (Ignoring his pained face when you grabbed his face and your mother trying to pry you off of him) His Sharingan already had the 3 tomoe. Leaving you in awe. It was so pretty. It was your first time seeing it in person. The fake contact lenses back in your old world did not do it justice.

The irises were as red as a rose, maybe even as dark as blood. The deep dark black pupil in the middle with the three tomoe surrounding it. It was fascinating. It wasn't 2d like what you expected. It looked like a real eye. Your observation was cut short when Fugaku deactivated his sharingan. Boooo, what a party pooper.

When your mother finally managed to pry you off of him, you cried. Not the silent crying but the full-on sobbing. Your mother tried to calm you down by patting your back and humming. You cried and hid your face on her neck. You cursed your baby hormones, and it's not like you could control your crying. It was embarrassing. 

In the midst of your crying, you didn't realize you muttered or sobbed out the word. "Mama"

You only then realized when your mother froze. That was the first word you've ever said. Your mother looked back at you with surprise appearing on her features. She smiled brightly and looked back at your father.

"Did you hear him?" She asked excited.

Fugaku looked at your mother, confused.

"He said Mama. Saisei just said his first word!" Mikoto cheered. Fugaku looked at you with pride and with a slight smile.

Your mother then smiled mischievously. "That means... I won the bet."

Fugaku groans and tsks, "It was already obvious who would win."

"And yet you still made a bet with me." Your mother chuckled softly.

It was silent for a second, before your mother then smiled brightly. "His first steps and first word all in one day, our son is already growing up." Fugaku stands beside her with a small smile as he nods.

You looked at them with an unknown emotion swirling through you. It felt as though your achievements were really acknowledged in this life. It didn't feel like the empty praises in your past life. It made you emotional. So you cried again...

Maybe this life wasn't that bad at all...

(You'd later regret what you just said after many years.)

◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤

A slow start but here's chapter 3! 💗

Date Posted: 01.22.2024

Made by: DarkDione
Inspired by: KarmaAkabane425
Disclaimer: Naruto is made by Masashi Kishimoto and I only made an extension as a fanfiction for my ideas.