Fear

Summary: Logan finds a very unwelcome guest.

Tw's: threats of violence, breaking and entering, weapons (gun), kidnapping

Let me know if I need to add more warnings. Also, let me know if there are any errors. This is not double-checked, and I'm too tired to do it right now. I've been experimenting with my writing style, which means this chapter is a hot mess. I'm sorry.

A/n: I've been busy with personal life and school, so I apologize for not posting!!

___________________________

In that split second, Logan's heartbeat quickened, pounding in his chest like a frantic drumbeat. Fear coursed through his veins, threatening to render him paralyzed with anxiety. He couldn't shake the feeling that he was on the verge of becoming the epitome of a terrified queer, frozen in fear like a fragile statuette.

His hands acted on instinct, instinctively flying to clutch at his heart as though bracing for an impending cardiac arrest. It was a reflex he had become all too familiar with, given the age of his apartment and the constant noise from the upstairs neighbors. But this time, something deep within him curled in panic-stricken terror, urging him to take action.

Logan wasn't one to easily believe in such superstitious notions, but his intuition screamed at him, urging him to escape, to leave the city behind and abandon the confinement of his house. Every fiber of his being longed to heed the warning and flee immediately. Yet, his muscles seemed to rebel against his desperate plea, leaving him stranded in a state of internal turmoil.

Taking a moment to collect himself, Logan decided to check the kitchen for his glasses, hoping to find some semblance of normalcy amidst the chaos of his racing thoughts. With renewed determination, he approached his bedroom, intending to resume his activities, when suddenly, he froze in his tracks.

A faint creak resonated throughout the house, like the weight of an old plank agonizingly bending under pressure. It was different from the usual settling noises he had grown accustomed to. This sound was unmistakably deliberate, heavy, and foreboding. Logan's heart skipped a beat as the realization dawned upon him - he wasn't alone.

Every nerve in his body tingled with a surge of adrenaline, urging him to flee, to escape the presence that lingered in the shadows. It was crystal clear that the source of that chilling noise was not of his own making. With bated breath, Logan strained his ears, listening intently for any further signs of intrusion.

The silence that followed was deafening, amplifying his racing thoughts. The air seemed to thicken with tension, making it harder for Logan to catch his breath. The unsettling sensation of being watched weighed heavily on him, filling the room with a palpable sense of dread.

As fear gripped his every fiber, Logan couldn't ignore the gnawing feeling that his life was about to change forever. His heart pounded louder, as if urging him to take action before it was too late. It was time to gather his courage, steel his nerves, and confront the unknown presence that lurked in the darkness, ready to face whatever lay ahead.

With no semblance of a plan or an iota of knowledge, Logan whirled on his heel to abruptly confront the source of the sound, his vision becoming hazy as the world spun in unison. The relentless waves of fear and anxiety that had besieged him in the past few days had finally caught up, and all Logan craved was an end to the incessant paranoia that had reduced him to this agitated state.

Devoid of his glasses, distinguishing finer details proved to be a painfully arduous task. Yet, despite the lack of visual clarity, Logan managed to discern a vaguely illuminated silhouette before him. He observed with an unnerving calmness as the indistinct figure froze in its tracks, seemingly resembling the form of a person.