Chapter 12 - ♪ And they could never tear us apart ♪

Adalind and Hailey came home with me

Adalind and Hailey came home with me. Jessica was dancing with Julia and found it too early to go home so we left her behind. Nick promised us to watch over them.

"I'm going to bed," Hailey mumbles and walks to her room.

"Me too, goodnight," Adalind says and follows Hailey.

I take a bottle of water and go to my room, braid my hair and put on some PJ's. Earlier at the party I wanted to go home. But walking back home in the cold evening air I'm back wide awake. I turn on some music and sit down on my bed with my notebook. I feel like writing and some sour gummy bears. I pull a bag out of my backpack and pop one in my mouth. 

I skip some songs to Time of my life, and instantly feel Damian's hands back on my body. It felt really nice. I liked how warm he felt. I liked how he looked at me. I like his brown eyes, or how they darkened. His scent. His bare feet that for some reason I like seeing.

I start writing.

A soft knock on my door pulls me out of my thoughts "Yeah?" I call out

Adalind pops her head in, "You are still up? I thought you were tired."

"I was tired, but the walk home woke me up."

She smiles and plays with one of the bracelets I gave her over the years.

"Why are you nervous Adalind?" I ask her.

"I'm not," she mumbles and runs a hand through her hair a couple of times.

"Huhu— you sure about that?" I ask and her arm drops next to her body.

She shakes her head and takes a deep breath in, "fine, can we talk?"

"Sure," I shut my notebook and place it on my bedside table. "Bear?" I ask, holding the bag of sour bears in front of her. She takes one without thinking and pops it in her mouth. She makes a face when it touches her tongue, she never liked the sourness.

"Sit down Adalind and tell me, what is making you so nervous?" I ask her and shift under my coverlets, placing some pillows behind my back and head. I want to be comfortable for this. I think— I hope that she is going to say something about Nathan. I can feel the giddiness already bubbling inside me. She sits down next to me and sighs, her arms around her knees.