Life Without Darkness

It had been one week since the Darkness Devil had been defeated. Angel had ended up just becoming weakened from the incident. Aki had grown accustomed to visiting the Devil in the hospital while they were both healing up, sometimes letting Power and Denji come along for the visits.

During this visit, though, Angel was sat up, looking out the window. His wings were twitching slightly, not noticing the man enter the room. He felt tired. He didn't want to move, but wanted to enjoy the scenery.

Aki sighed softly as he walked up to Angel. "I'm very surprised you're up. You should be laying down, you still look hurt." He hadn't expected to grow so soft with a Devil.

Angel heard the familiar voice and looked over. He looked like he had bags under his eyes. "Human. You came back again... such a surprise, really."

Aki disregarded the comment. "You need to lay back down, Angel Devil. Let yourself heal a bit."

Angel looked down a bit, away from Aki. "Aki. I can't let myself.." He shivered a bit. He had already known something was wrong. He didn't want to die anymore, all because Aki had saved him and gave up some of his life TO save him.

Aki raised an eyebrow. "You're not one to put in effort in something like that."

Those words hurt more than Angel realized they ever would.

"I'd rather you find out another way on why I want to in the first place..." Angel spoke up. He didn't want to be the one to tell Aki. He knew something the other didn't.

Aki sighed when he heard that. "Is that really important?" When he heard nothing in return, he didn't badger any longer. "Are you feeling any better?"

"As well as I did when I first woke up..." Angel had spoken kind of grimly. It wasn't much like him. He was having issues knowing that Makima had been keeping an eye on him. What he did. How he acted.

When Aki tried to ask anything else, Angel stayed silent and ignored him. Aki ended up reluctantly leaving the Angel Devil's hospital room to go to his home, where Denji and Power waited.

***

Power had been having specific issues ever since the Darkness Devil incident. She had had nightmares. Persistent nightmares that she could barely deal with. And each dream was horrid for her.

Denji, though, had stayed by her side and slept in the same bed as her to try and help her with the nightmares. He didn't want to joke as much when she was this unwell.

Aki walked through the door to see Denji awake on the couch with Power sleeping against him. "Denji, are either of you hungry?"

Denji looked over. "A bit. Power just fell back asleep again. Do you think she'll develop insomnia because of what happened?"

Insomnia? Why didn't Aki think that would happen? And why did he feel so bad for that happening to her?

"Maybe. But we need to stay by her side during this, alright?" Aki coerced as he saw Power twitched a bit in her sleep.

Denji was quick to nod.

Power gasped as she woke up in a cold sweat, sitting up. When she saw that Denji and Aki were both there, she was quick to speak, "No Darkness Devil will be able to get me! He'll kneel down and bow to me!" She forced a confident smile on her face.

"He already has to you," Denji played along. He knew that Power knew that it wasn't a good thing for anyone to play along with her words, but she needed the confidence. She needed the relaxation that came with knowing everything was fine now.

Aki sighed. "I'll go make us something to eat. Just relax." He walked into the kitchen without another word. What he didn't expect was a buzz in his pocket from his phone. He took out his phone to look at who texted him. Makima.