𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓢𝓲𝔁

A/N: The h03s gon' love this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just stared at him. Neither of us seemed to know what to do.

"You saved Kailani's life?" We both looked at Nazifa. Then back at each other. "I guess so." Naz looked so in awe. "That's so badass. Wait, but why'd you leave after saving her?"

I looked at him with a raised eyebrow. That was a damn good question. "I uh, I was already late for dinner and I didn't want Dad to....y'know." "Yeah...."

I looked between the two siblings and made a promise right then and there. I would never let anyone harm my sister-in-law or my husband ever again.

HUSBAND!?

I resisted the urge to slap myself. You just met the fool, Kailani. Well, technically you met him ten years ago.

This time I did slap myself. And Nevan and Nazifa looked at me like I was crazy. Which I probably was.

"You good?" "What is wrong with you?"

I smiled at Naz, "Yes, I'm fine." and glared at Nevan. "And nothing is wrong with me. I'm perfect." "I mean, yeah—"

I looked at him and he looked at me. We both turned red, but he looked away first.

Naz chuckled. "While I enjoy watching you two flirt—" "We weren't flirting!" "—I don't want to get eaten. So, can we go now?" I nodded. "Yeah, I don't wanna stay here a minute longer—why are you smiling like that?"

Naz looked from me to her brother with a wide grin. "Nevan." I noticed that he had paled slightly. "Yes?" "Kailani hurt her ankle, so she can't walk very well. So you have to carry her."

I reddened even more when Nevan looked at me. "How did you hurt your ankle?"

"She jumped down from a second story window."

"She did what?!"

************************************************************************

I could hear Naz giggling behind us as Nevan carried me bridal style out of the woods.

I flipped her off.

Turning back around I laid my head against his chest and listened to his heartbeat. Who knew such a sound could be so soothing? I heard Nevan's chuckle vibrate through his chest. "What's so funny?"

"You certainly like my chest, don't you? Maybe I'll let you see it without all this fabric in the way."

I couldn't exactly go anywhere. So, I just folded my arms and glared, red faced, at the ground.

It didn't take long to get back to the wagon. Naz insisted that Nevan change my bandages in the back of the wagon while she drives. He hadn't hesitated to agree.

I chuckled as he began searching through Naz' bag for the bandages. "What's so funny?" I grinned. "You." He glanced at me then resumed his search. "How?" "You think you're going to get to see my thighs. Jokes on you, Ransom. It's my ankle that's hurt."

The smile he gave me made me feel weak.

"Maybe so, but Nazifa told me you cut your thigh climbing on someone's roof." He raised an eyebrow at me. "Why were you on someone's roof?"

I waved my hand, dismissing him. "Not important." He stared at me for a second, then shrugged. I chuckled at his shout of triumph after finding the bandages.

I felt him tap my thigh. "What?" "Your pants, take them off."

I looked at him like he'd lost his mind. "WhAt?" I squeaked. He rolled his eyes. "I'm not trying to fuck you, dumbass." Then he smirked.