We Kill the Yakuza and Inaki Kidnaps Me

I slam into the floor with force and wince as my chin collides with the floor. I groan a bit as someone steps on my hand as I reach for my M16.

"Who knew dress shoes could hurt?" I mutter.

By the neck of my uniform, I'm hauled to my feet by a good-looking Yakuza dude.

"Anata no namae wa nandesuka, on'nanoko?"

"I don't speak bomber language." I look at him.

He rolls his eyes before slamming me against a receptionist desk and I let out a gasp from the hard impact. Now, I hear the gunshots in the room and the orders and yells, and Japanese being yelled.

"Hands off the Italians, Ching-Chong." Asilo sends the guy into eternal sleep. "Lulu, you're gonna get killed for making such a rude joke because they're Japanese."

"They bombed the Americans; they can bomb us too if they're feeling petty."

"This is why no one likes you."

"Hey, in my defense, I made a biased joke," I look at him pointedly, shooting a guy to the right. "You were being plain racist."

"Same thing."

I jump back and a small slice of my knee-high boots falls with the thud of the sword on the tile floor.

"How dare you!" I shoot at the man. "These were super expensive!"

My favorite pair of shoes getting ruined because of work is annoying.

"De Lobos, behind you!" Director Augustin shouts.

I turn around and narrowly miss getting sliced in half by a sword. It tears through my uniform's shirt, though. I look up at the woman and I'm surprised. It's not every day that you encounter a woman working for mafiosos. Or a woman handy with a sword wanting to kill you.

"So, you don't speak bomber language?"

"No, I don't." I block her strike with my M16.

"How funny that I speak mafia language, then." 

"Well, that one's easy to learn." I jump back.

I smile worriedly as her blade nearly strikes my left ankle.

"Hold still for me, girl!"

Tripping was the last thing on my mind to do, but Director Augustin is fast.

"Director!" I reach for the man.

Without mercy or hesitation, he shoots the woman between the eyes as he leans against a nearby wall.

"Director Augustin!"

"I heard you the first time!" He snaps.

"Sorry, sorry." I apologize. "A-Are you okay?"

"I'm heavenly, you know? Wife just made me a cake- of course I'm not okay! I just got fucking stabbed, idiota!"

"I'm sorry." I fumble with my gun.

"Tie your shoelaces, girl." He glares at me. "And when you're done, it's your duty to keep me safe, got it?"

"Yes, Director." I nod.

"Get to work." He sighs. "Be lucky you're one of our most resourceful agents or you'd have turned into formaggio svizzero."

I grumble a bit as I tie my shoelaces when Director Augustin grabs my arm. We hide behind the receptionist desk as more bullets are shot. One traverses the desk and nearly goes into my arm. I suck in a breath as I use the same tactic to make another hole above that one.