1

The white house on the corner of Prune Dr. was like any house in Lavender Heights. It had plants surrounding it with thousands of beautiful tulips and daisies spiralling and poking through the leafs of the weeds. Each one of the 3 floors decorated with large windows wearing navy trims. The balcony had 4 chairs positioned towards each other which you would think would be fit for a family of four, perhaps 5 if we were including babies. To the naked eye it looked like a normal house, probably home to a average family working average jobs. Although, everyone in the neighbourhood knew that this was not true. The elderly women who lived on the corner of Prune Dr. lived alone and in-fact, hated flowers. She never left her house other than to get groceries and even then Skip the Dishes had been coming in handy for her the past few years. Nobody quite remembers when or why she moved to Lavender Heights but everybody knew she hated everybody.

One summer morning in early June, the elderly women arose at her usual time, 8:00 AM sharp. She stepped out of her queen bed fit for one and slipped on her bath robe. She brushed her teeth and combed her gray hair, then pulling a gray turtle neck over herself and paring it with dark blue jeans. The coffee machine gave its last drop into her mug before she sipped on it, sitting opposite her window, peering out into town. She looked out of the window feeling a sort of hatred and anger she could never explain. Although, some like to argue it wasn't the town she was loathing from her window, but her reflection she saw while sitting in front of it, nevertheless, the fuming from her glass wall became a daily routine.

As she finished her coffee, standing to go get wine, she heard a knock at the door. This shocked her so much she dropped her mug, shattering it all over the upstairs kitchen floor. Knock knock knock
More knocking. Taking her a moment to realize, she stepped over the glass and hurried down stairs.

She grabbed a chefs knife from her knife block, breathing heavily and slowly stepping up to her door's peek hole to see who could be there. Behind her navy door stood a young girl, about 14 holding a pencil and notebook.

She rolled her eyes and took a breath of relief, putting her knife down and stepping away from the door. She assumed she was trying to sell her cookies or sign her up for a school sponsor. She began to head up stairs, she planned on ignoring whatever the girl wanted and getting drunk.

Knock knock knock.
She ignored it.
Knock knock knock.
She picked up a glass to put wine in.
Bang Bang Bang!
She flinched and spilt wine all over herself.
BANG BANG BANG!
" Christ sake!" she huffed and ran downstairs.

She unlocked all 4 of her locks and opened her door ever so slightly. The girl in the blue dress smiled when the two made eye contact, looking relived she got on answer.

" I'm not religious, I don't like cookies, and I don't care about school fundraisers. Go away!" she spat coldly, about to slam the door.
" No wait!" the girl pleaded. " I'm not here for anything like that."

The women looked confused, " Then why are you here?" she asked looking her up and down.

She stood up straight and fixed her dress.
" Hello, my names Hannah Parker-Kent," the brunette introduced herself, " is this Eloise Patterson's house?"
" Yes," she hesitated, reliving her grip of the door slightly. " What do you want?"
" Hello Eloise, it's nice to meet you. May I come in? I understand it's early but I have some questions I think you might be able to answer." Hannah smiled politely, her posture impeccable.

" What kind of questions?" she opened the door fully furrowing her eyebrows.
" I was wondering if you could tell me everything you know about the disappearance of Chuck Hankins." Eloise's breath hitched and her face went pale. She swallowed and moved to the side.
" Come in."