Chapter 4: Hospital

Amber lied in Liam's arms, playing with a strand of her hair. Liam was nodding off until his phone rang. He picked up his phone, the screen showing, "Mom <3". Amber took the phone out of his hands.

"Who is that? Why is there a heart next to her name?" Amber questioned. Liam frowned, taking the phone back and picking it up. As he listened to his mom, Amber kept frowning.

"Was that a woman's voice? Who were you talking to?" Amber questioned again. Liam sighed.

"I have to go," Liam said, getting up from the couch.

"Why? Why won't you answer me?" Amber asked, standing up from the couch. Liam grabbed his coat and was about to go when Amber hugged him from behind.

"Do you not love me anymore? It must all be because of that woman. Tell me who she is!" Amber shouted, her voice getting bigger and bigger. Liam sighed again and brushed her off.

"Are you out of your mind? That was my mother. There is no other woman. My brother's in the hospital so I have to go to him. Are you happy now?" Liam shouted. Amber flinched, surprised at how loud he was getting.

"So you're choosing your brother over me?"

"HE'S LITERALLY IN THE HOSPITAL!" Liam shouted. If he stayed a moment longer he was going to do something he'd regret. Tears flew down Amber's face. Liam sighed and pinched his nose.

"I can't stand this anymore. Let's breakup,"

"NO! Don't go! Don't leave me alone here," Amber shouted. She ran forward, trying to grab for Liam's arm but missed and fell on the floor.

"Drop the act, Amber. You know you can call any of the men on your phone and they'd all be happy to come to you," Liam said, genuinely annoyed.

"But they're not you," Amber replied, wiping tears away.

"Are you even hearing yourself?" Liam replied. His voice laced with so much venom that even he couldn't recognize himself. He shook his head and left the place, not turning back even once.

_________________

Owen frowned as he checked his phone, the several messages he sent to Amelia still left on delivered. Someone called for him outside and he shouted a reply before leaving is dressing room.

"You were supposed to film a love scene with our female lead today, but the stunt double isn't showing up. We can't push this shooting back 'cause it will delay airing," Sophie explained as the two walked towards the director.

"Why couldn't the lead do the scene?" Owen asked, checking that his makeup was still okay with a mirror he had in his pocket.

"The scene wasn't going to show her face so she didn't want to get naked for it," Sophie explained awkwardly. Owen nodded, fair enough reason.

"My dear, we are missing an actress, so I wanted to talk about this with you," the director sat in her chair, the script tight in her hand.

"It wouldn't be wise to just take the scene out as it's one of the biggest moments in the script," the director flipped through the script in her hands and took a big sip of her coffee.

" I'm sure it'd be a great selling point for your fans too since they will see you half naked in the movie," the assistant director added jokingly. Owen gave him a polite smile but didn't say anything.

"What about your manager?" the director suddenly said.

"Excuse me?" Owen replied, unsure if he heard right.

"Sophie looks exactly like the female lead, it wouldn't show her face anyways, and you guys already know each other so it'd be less awkward," the director explained. Owen looked over to Sophie, the latter had a huge blush on her face.