Epilogue

Jimin wasn't an impulsive person. Between her and Winter, she was the reasonable one. Her moves were always calculated, always on point. Every decision that she had made, it always went through a series of thinking about the risks and possibilities. It's what made her a successful woman, and that's why people always admire her.

But just like every person, Jimin also had a weakness.

It wasn't the heights or the clowns. It was Winter, her wife, the most precious being in the entire universe.

And everyone knew that. Maybe that's why some people weren't too shocked when they learned that Jimin sacrificed her own life to protect her woman. (And maybe that's why they turned to Winter instead, to blame her for the things that she had no control of. They cannot hurt Jimin because they loved her. But they can hurt Winter, the one who they thought caused harm to their beloved Jimin.) Jimin's weakness came with desperation, and desperation sprung out the unbalanced, unreasonable, and unlogical sides of her.

"Jimin, you can't do this. You can't add more lies. She's suffering enough." Ningning told her one day.

"You just said it. My wife is already suffering, and I don't want to just sit in here and wait for her to die. Once she's out, she'll put herself again in isolation. Then what? She'll starve herself to death? I'm not risking it. Not anymore."

"So you're just gonna barged into her life just like that? Pretending to be a part of some... service person program?"

"Yes."

"But you'll lie to her, Jimin."

Of course, Jimin didn't want to lie. She didn't want to create false stories. But she wasn't also looking for Ningning's approval anyway because she was desperate, and desperate people usually do stupid things. So the moment Winter got out of the hospital, Jimin already perfected the plan with the help of Aeri. They made manuals, scripts, and everything that was needed to be done to make Winter believe... well, except for one thing.

"We need to transfer her to your clinic, Aeri."

"I already talked to Ningning about it."

"And?"

"She said yes. She's going to convince Winter."

It didn't take long for Ningning to convince Winter, because days later, she was already on Aeri's clinic and everything went into plan. On that same night, Jimin finally knocked on Winter's apartment door and met the eyes of her now blonde wife that she had longed to see.

"I'm Jimin, your girlfriend."

Jimin pretended not to be hurt when it was Minju's picture that was hanging on Winter's wall. She pretended not to stare at Winter's unloving eyes or when Winter sees her as a stranger. She pretended to be okay, to set aside the pain, all for Winter.

The first few days were hard, Winter was distant and Jimin could only look from afar. She cooked all the food that Winter loved, did all the things that Winter loved, sang the songs that Winter loved, she even brought Saebok back because she knew how much Winter loved that grumpy cat.

Seeing Winter's eyes lit up the moment she saw Saebok was worth the argument with Ningning, who was taking care of Saebok at that time, which lead to the other to accidentally throw a bucket of red paint all over her body. (Yes, it wasn't mud and blood just like Winter thought. It was only paint. Saebok didn't steal the tuna that Jimin bought. And yes, Jimin didn't fell into a sewage).

When days passed and Winter was still doubtful even when Jimin let her see the manual or when Aeri's clinic already confirmed that there was really such a program. And when Winter still tried to get rid of her, they decided to make Winter want to keep her, to make Winter need her.