Chapter 1

Ritchie turned off the Z28's engine and ran out of the car as quickly as he could. With the ticket in hand, the boy was allowed to go past without showing ID by a friendly security guard. As soon as he got inside, trying hard to squeeze his slender body through the massive crowd, his entire being was taken by the music. When he finally got a good position, one that allowed even his short self to see the stage clearly, Ronnie James Dio was loudly preaching the lyrics of 'Hungry For Heaven'.

The boy jumped and shouted the lyrics himself, and his whole being was given to the songs that came, his eyes staring at the big dragon that appeared onstage, as Dio himself pierced a sword in the heart of the magical beast. Of course, it was not real, but it was to Ritchie, who had recently turned eighteen and spent the summer saving up money to be able to attend the 1985 Sacred Heart Tour concert.

It was a lonely moment, and yet he had not been happier all summer. It was suddenly interrupted, however, when a tall girl bumped on his arm, saying a condescending "watch it, kid," as she walked. He decided to ignore it, but when he finally got a glimpse of the girl's face, it was as if all sound had ceased. Her big black eyes were surrounded by eyeliner, and her thick lips covered by red lipstick. She did not look particularly friendly, with thick black eyebrows and haircut like Joan Jett, but she was a very pretty sight. He felt intoxicated when his eyes darted towards her breasts, barely covered but by a red bra and a black mesh net crop top. They were full and firm, and her arms looked strong. It all fell nicely with her curvy hips and thick thighs. When she jumped and danced, her breasts jiggled slightly, and her whole being seemed to have slowed down time. And even though she was so impressively new to him, there was something familiar about her.

After the concert ended, Ritchie went home thinking mostly about the wonderful experience, but also about the charming young woman. He arrived home after dark, and as he turned off the car's cassette player, he noticed that the lights were on. When he got inside the small home, he looked at the living room. Only a couple of months before, his father would have been asleep, probably passed out drunk, on the old armchair. Ritchie would then gently wake his father up, helping him toward his bedroom. As he cleared the coffee table of beer cans, he noticed that his father was watching war movies again and then turned off the TV.

He tried to shake off the sad memories and smiled thinking of hours before, when Dio pierced the heart of a giant puppet dragon. Then he remembered the girl, and he could not shake the feeling that he knew her from somewhere.