"𝐼 𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽𝓉 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒹𝒾𝒹𝓃'𝓉 𝑔𝑒𝓉 𝓈𝒾𝒸𝓀?"

(Y/Ns POV)

"Inmate! Wakey wakey!"

I was snapped out of my oddly comfortable sleep to the sound of CO Hellman banging on the cell door. I groaned at the pounding in my head, my clogged up nose just made it worse. I stumbled out of my bunk, jeez I must've slept a while. I brushed my teeth and got dressed, the two simple tasks making me feel out of breath. I stumbled put of my cell, looking around and spotting Carol playing Bridge. I never intended to learn how to play, but once I got swept under Carols wing, I had to. Two years into my sentence i made my way up and now im officially her right hand man. Carol spotted me, nudging Badison away and waved me over. I walked over slowly, sitting next to her. I slumped, leaning against her slightly. "Whats up with you?" "I dunno.." I responded to her sluggishly. She just pushed me off gently, continuing the game. She didn't pay any mind to me as i laid my head down. I watched her hands mess with her cards, it wasn't long until my eyes felt heavy. I fell asleep. That ship had sailed as soon as Carol set down her cards roughly, announcing to the whole table she won. I woke up, feeling even more groggy then before. I sniffled, watching Carol grab all the stuff that everyone had bet. "good job.." I commented quietly. I didn't notice my face get pale, but obviously Carol did because she shooed her Minions away. "Okay seriously what is your problem?" "What are you talking about? Im fine Care-" "well obviously fucking not, you look like a ghost!"

"I dont get sick." Carol just rolled her eyes, pressing her hand to my forehead. "You feel like shit. Cmon, we're taking you to medical." I looked up at her as she stood, shaking my head "no no no.. 'm fine!" But she didn't listen, grabbing my hand.

--

Carol stared me down as i laid in the white sheets. "Well? She tell you whats wrong?" I sighed in defeat "I got some cold. I responded, looking away. "I thought you said you didn't get sick?" Her response was cold but her face showed a look of worry. She brushed hair out of my face, kissing my burning temple. "It'll be okay."