4, Privet Drive

As usual, Privet Drive in the town of Little Whinging was quiet. The succession of well-groomed, green gardens was only illuminated by the faint light from street lamps spaced at regular intervals. The streets were deserted, naturally explained by the late hour.

One detail might have struck anyone venturing into 4 Privet Drive: indeed, the street lamps had ceased to function throughout the alley, inevitably plunging the houses into complete darkness. The residents, all asleep, had not noticed.

Soon, a hooded figure, strangely dressed in a dark robe, advanced down the street. Upon reaching number 4, Privet Drive, it stopped, facing the house. With quiet steps, it approached the front door of the Dursley family home.

The Dursleys were an unremarkable family, Mr. and Mrs. Average. Vernon Dursley was a man one could describe as 'burly.' In his fifties, with a mustache and lacking a neck, he ran a company selling drills. His wife, Petunia, was a slender woman with a long nose that she didn't hesitate to press against the window to spy on the neighborhood. She only had eyes for her beloved son Dudley. This twenty-something young man, according to his mother, had a 'heavy frame' that apparently caused dangerous overweight and severe diabetes.

For a long time, neighbors believed they glimpsed another boy, much thinner, with tousled jet-black hair, glasses, and a curious lightning-shaped scar on his forehead. However, if he was part of the family, he rarely appeared, which tended to intrigue the neighborhood without anyone daring to ask any questions to the main characters.

Standing in front of the front door, the figure took out a wand from its sleeve, murmured some inaudible words, and the front door opened in absolute silence. Wand in hand, the figure entered the dark and silent house, the door closing behind it without the need for a touch.

No one heard the Dursleys' surprised cries, nor the three distinct and muffled detonations, each accompanied by a vivid flash of green light.

No one saw the door of 4 Privet Drive open again to let the hooded figure leave the building and disappear in a fraction of a second with a distinctive 'pop.'

No one saw the street lamps in the street light up again, all at the same time, without explanation.

No one would discover the family's bodies until Vernon Dursley's higher-up became concerned about his absence at Monday morning's meeting