52-Sequestered

A  total separation or withdrawal.

Waking up to the sound of his alarm which he regretted not turning it off. Yesterday passed in a blur and there was nothing he could do to change the span of time, all he wished was for it to be a dream, a nightmare but it wasn't.

Refusing to let his mind sway to that direction, he held his held feeling the throbbing headache that was accompanied with the rise in his temperature, his lips quivering from cold, lamentable and despairing hopelessness made his brain numb.

Pushing his leg out of the duvet with a throbbing headache, he slipped his leg into the flip-flops lying at the side of the bed. With an uneven breath filled with different emotions that wasn't supposed to be combined, he stood on his feet towards the ensuite.

The Adhan for the dawn prayer being heard faintly from the nearby mosque, with no doubt it was the mosque in the estate but he has no strength to fill that kilometers. After performing ablution and praying which was probably done while seated because he has no energy to do so on feet, he rubbed his two palms on his face, an act of his when he was done with supplication.

The kitchen further than he thought as he dragged his numb yet heavy legs towards the door after covering the distance. His search for whatever he was looking for shortened because there in the fridge was some leftovers, Haleema was fond of cooking in excess and forgetting that she has to warm them instead of cooking afresh, that was always his job to do because he preferred microwaved food.

The mere thought of her sulks, but he couldn't help it, his brain was thinking as it wish.

Taking the plastic container containing french fries from the refrigerator, he placed it in the oven to heat while he break some eggs to fry. Though he was weak but eating french fries without anything on top won't do any good.

His cup of chocolate latte and bowl of french fries and omelette by his side as he ravenously devoured on it with no care in the world, though some particles sticked to the side of his mouth, he didn't care a bit, munching it with crunching sound until both the cup and plate was left empty.

He reached out for his medicine box from the cabinet to take some tablet when he heard the sound of the doorbell, not like he was expecting someone though, his cousins would call when they want to meet him and his sister's do not bother knocking except if the door was locked. Now talking about locking the door, he wasn't sure he locked the door the night before.

His unsteady footsteps led him to the door, yet again his throbbing headache have subsided a little making his steps more steadier than when he woke up. His hand reached the key hole to unlock it not bothering to check the person behind the doors, oh yeah, he locked it but he couldn't remember how.

Turning the knob, not like he was expecting Haleema before coming towards the door, but the act of pulling the door knob made him think  it was her, unfortunately it was someone he least expected " Saudat" he called out almost immediately as he saw her fiddle with her dress.

Clad on a navy blue and peach colour floral Georgette A-line dress with cut outline, her Gucci horsebit chain shoulder bag worn to cross her body was paired with a pointed toe flats worn on her legs to embellish her appearance. Though the vintage scarf she tied to her hair was sagging, but her appearance was all but decent.

" Good morning Baffa, please is ya Haleema home?" She asked with uncertainty laced in her voice making her shift from one feet to another in nervousness.