Prologue

It was cold, bone-chillingly cold, Pikefrost glanced at the twolegs that once destroyed the territory helping heal the broken trees and the horrid thunderpath stench, though they couldn't see Pikefrost of course, he was a StarClan cat.

"They're healing the forest..." The ginger tabby muttered to himself, weaving himself through the trees, though it had been StarClan, he was once a ThunderClan cat that was victim to twolegs, once of their monsters tore up his pelt, though despite that, his tattered pelt had healed before he made the journey to StarClan.

The slim tom knew where he was going, fourtrees, a place where cats of all clans used to gather under the full moon under a truce given by StarClan themselves, his instincts, as well as his mindless paws brought him here. The stumps that were once mighty oaks had been pulled out of the ground, but the peat had been patted over the surface, a trunk just beginning to form from the remains.

As the former ThunderClan deputy stepped down the slop to fourtrees, he felt it was all worth nothing now without the cats gathering from all clans to meet under a truce, but he was meeting cats here, cats from each of the four clans. Brackenstar the former leader of WindClan, struck down by a bolt of lightening on his last life, he had been in StarClan the longest out of the four.

Then there was Larchleap, the RiverClan medicine cat, who from what Pikefrost knew, was killed from being starved to death, but she had refused to speak to any cat about it. Pikefrost then turned his amber gaze towards the smallest of the four gathered cats, Mousepaw, she had been apprentice to the deputy of ShadowClan when she was wrongfully killed by the deputy for power and status.

"Pikefrost, you made it" the relieved mew came from Larchleap, the off white she-cat flicking her tail neatly over her paws as she dipped her head respectfully to the tom, though he might not have been deputy any longer, Larchleap still respected him as such, and Pikefrost gave a respecting nod in return. "Apologies for my lateness, You know how Falconkit and Larkkit are" he meowed.

Pikefrost thought back to his kits, who had died along with his mate Pinetail in a particularly harsh leaf-bare, but he was glad to be spending several lifetimes with them now. Before Pikefrost could speak much more, Mousepaw pushed her voice into the conversation "Brackenstar, Larchleap, why have we been gathered here?" She asked politely, working at the ground with her white paws. 

With a light nod, Brackenstar began his words, his voice deep and gruff, but it was a demand for listening. "As we all may know, the twolegs are apologizing for their actions against the forest, by restoring its trees and foliage to it's former glory" the golden brown tom answered, his long and feathered fur smooth along his back, though, his fur was broken up with scars, only Brackenstar would know why he decided to keep them.

"So" Brackenstar continued, her chest puffed, he was the clearly older cat in this situation, so all cats felt an obligation to hear him, especially Mousepaw, who had her ears facing towards the larger tom. "I have decided to make an offer to you all if you are willing to take it into consideration." Brackenstar let out a hollow sigh, as if he wasn't prepared for what he would say, but pushed through his nerves regardless.

The first to have a question was Larchleap "What sort of offer? This territory is far from being fixed, I'm not even sure why we still come here to this shrill smelling hollow" She meowed, a light snap in her tone but it was more-a-less a questioning one. Brackenstar gave her a flick of his tail to show he had taken her thoughts into his mind "I was not done Larchleap, but i propose that the clans should be rebuilt once more with better foundation, and more fight in them." 

"We will never flea from the likes of twolegs again, once this territory is beautiful again, no other creature will change it" Brackenstar dipped his head. "How will we do that Brackenstar?" Mousepaw put in, standing up on her hind paws. Pikefrost nodded, agreeing to some degree "What cats are there left, all have gone to live at the lake, they are happier there" he answered.

Brackenstar flicked his ears to the fellow StarClan tom "I understand where you're coming from, but it is not clan cats we will be guiding" he meowed, ripping up some of the grass beneath, the power of StarClan made a gap to see four kits, living separate lives, two resting on several hay bales nestled up to their mother, one playing in a comfy twoleg nest and the other, a seemingly malnourished kit mewling for food from her mother.

The three over cats glanced at the four kitten, most with perplexed expressions. "And how exactly will you get kits to reform the clans?" Larchleap put in finally, glancing at Brackenstar with a look of challenge. Brackenstar did not take heed of the expression "When they are grown, they will be given a prophecy, each of us will guide them together. They will form the clans with cats that join our cause along the way" he explained, even Larchleap couldn't argue with Brackenstar's intentions.

Pikefrost stepped forward "What is the prophecy? who shall we guide?" he asked, his questions were not rooted for spite like Larchleap's had been which leaded Brackenstar to give him a grateful nod. "The two barn kits, Dusk and Juniper, Mousepaw and I will guide them. Pikefrost, you will guide Dawn, that little kittypet you see. And Larchleap" Brackenstar paused for a moment, flicking his tail before turning to the pale she-cat

"You will guide Lake, she will need you most" Brackenstar meowed, lowering his head, and causing the others to lower their muzzles to the ground and shut their eyes in the same way.

"Beyond the ripples of the Lake, after the morning dew has dripped from the juniper stems, the chill of dusk with show stars..."