4. I'm pretty damn sure

As my second day off, I once again woke up alone. Peter had already gone to the hospital and I hadn't even woken up when he closed the door behind him. Yesterday's events stung me a bit, I think Peter reacted very strongly when I came home late, so to be sure I would stay home today I thought I would take the opportunity to refurnish the bedroom. It had looked the same since I moved in with Peter and that was a long time ago.......I think.

I started by moving all the furniture out, the mirror, our chest of drawers, the bedside tables and desk were all pushed out of the room for now. The only thing I couldn't get out was the bed because it didn't fit through the door if you didn't take it apart and the wall-mounted wardrobe of course. I thought for a little while about how I wanted to do it and decided to put the bed against the short wall so that the wardrobe would be at the foot of the bed. But when I finally got the bed in place I walked around a bit to inspect it. The strange thing was that on a particular board in the floor it was creaking and when I decided to look closer I discovered that it was a hatch! It was a typical hatch in the floor that you see in all the movies, and when I carefully opened it I found a small leather bag, a pan flute and a storybook? Why would this be hidden under our floor? Something about the book felt very familiar, but I couldn't put my finger on what it was, I had never seen it before but the title Once upon a time rang a small bell. Something about the flute was off-putting to me so I decided to open the leather bag, but in it there was only some kind of powder that looked like black glittering ash. I didn't know what to do with the stuff, so I decided to put it back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~♤♤Pan♤♤~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I got back to the apartment, y/n was sitting on the couch with a cup of hot chocolate watching TV.
"I'm home princess.
"Hmm?? Yes, well already?"
"It's four o'clock, I told you I finished at four today."
"I don't remember you telling me." "But I did, I promise."
"I'm sure you did, but could you get my phone? It's in the bedroom."
I walked towards the bedroom, but when I entered I froze.
"You've rearranged the furniture!" "Yes! Do you like it?"
"Did you find anything special?" "Special? Well, nothing but dust." "Then it turned out real fine."
It was a good thing that she didn't find my hatch.
I had to keep my flute, and duster could be good to have, but the book, that book I only kept as a trophy. My personal trophy for crushing those ridiculous heroes. I had won.

~~~~~~~~~~~~♡♡y/n♡♡~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't know why I didn't tell Peter about the hatch, but something in me didn't think it was a good idea.

We ate in silence and after dinner Peter went to bed. I sat on the sofa for a long time and thought about whether I should watch TV, but the only thing I could think about was that book. For a long time I tried to think of something else anything else, but finally I gave up. I pawed into the bedroom and checked that Peter was asleep, he was so I crept further away towards the carpet and the hatch. I lifted the carpet and slowly and carefully began to open the hatch and after what felt like an eternity it finaly opened. I quickly pulled out the book. Then I closed it, but my fingers slipped and the hatch closed with a small thud and for a second I sat completely silent and waited. But Peter didn't wake up.

When I was once again sitting on the couch with the book in my lap, it hit me how ridiculous everything really must be, I had been afraid that my boyfriend would wake up and find me with a storybook in my hands, I mean come on! What would he do, lock me up? Ha!
With a smile on my face, I picked up the book and started reading.

The next day I woke up to Peter shaking my shoulder.
"Good morning princess, are you okay?"
"Yes I think so."
"You never got into bed."
"No, I....I had such a headache, I must have fallen asleep on the sofa."
"But how are you now, are you okay, maybe you shouldn't be working today?!"
"It hurt but I---."

"No! Then I'll call your job, they can do without you today, you can stay at home!"
"Okay."
We ate breakfast even though I wasn't hungry, and when I kissed him goodbye and closed my mouth, I could finally exhale. I had juggled for Peter, twice in less than 24 hours. I didn't have a headache, but I wanted to finish reading that book.

OMG! Who reads this to their children!Snow White gets killed for telling a secret, a baby is sent to another dimension, who wrote this book!

After I read it, I put it back in the hatch. They were spinning so many thoughts in their heads without me knowing why. All I could do was put on my jacket and go for a walk, but not before I left a note for Peter in case he got home before me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~♤♤Pan♤♤~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was on my way home when the alarm went off in the city. It was I myself who saw to it that it existed.
If one of the insane patients tried to escape, it would be heard all over the city. That's why I didn't panic like everyone else around me, instead I went home, up the stairs and into the apartment. I took off my jacket and walked towards the sofa.
"y/n I'm home."
She didn't answer, strange,
but something else caught my attention, a note on the Living-room table.
'Hello darling, out for a walk, the forest. See you at home y/n.'
"Oh fuck no!"

Before it didn't matter that someone was out, but now, now that they could meet y/n it was bad.

~~~~~~~~~~~~♡♡y/n♡♡~~~~~~~~~~~~

I took a regular trail, it was long but cozy. I had run by the water with music blasting in my ears and continued into the forest. I had planned a leisurely walk, but with all my thoughts that I still didn't know where they came from, it had turned into an intense run. I stopped for a second to catch my breath, but despite my music I thought I heard something behind me, so I pulled out my headphones and turned around.

"y/n?"
"Who the hell are you?!"
"Hunny, hunny it's me, don't say he made you forget, it's me!"
"He? Forget? What are you talking about, are you okay?!"
"Hunny, I'm your mother, remember?"
"You are not my mother."
"Yes, yes I am!"
She moved closer to me and I pulled away.
"Hunny?"
She grabbed my wrist and I panicked. "Let me go! I'm not your hunny!" "Look at me! What did he do to you!" "Who!"
"Pan!"
Then it hit me, this must be one of Peter's patients, she had a weak mind, if I played along in her game I could get her safely back to the hospital. "Okay, so you're my mom."
"Yes! You remember!"
"So shall we go home?"
"Yes home, and save Henry!"
Henry?
We started walking until she stopped, quickly as if she'd gotten over it she gave me a kiss on the forehead.
"y/n get away from the lady."
"Peter?"
"Pan!"
"The safest thing is for you to go home and let me take over."
"No, no he's crazy!"
"y/n listen to me, you know who's crazy here."
I nodded and slowly started to pull away from the lady.
"No! No! Stay with me!"
"y/n go home i got this."
"Okay see you there."
"See you."
"No! y/n don't listen to him! He's crazy!"

"Who was that Peter?"
"Oh the you know, a patient, she's not really in her right mind she surely thought you were her daughter?!" "Yes..."
"She became like that after she lost her daughter in an accident. But now we ignore her, it's been a long day we should go to bed."
"Okay."
We fell asleep and I don't know how long I slept, but then I woke up sweaty and groggy, but with three things certain.
Her name is Regina.
She is my mom
and Pan killed Henry.

and I'm pretty damn sure the other patients he has down there are my family.