Prologue

Authors note: Sunrise takes place in the future of warrior cats- like wayyy into the future. Though the cats in this chapter that are from the original books will only appear in this chapter. :)

An orange cat sat alone beside a pool, his tail wrapped neatly around his paws. A sandy coloured she approached him, sitting down beside him. "Firestar? Are you alright? Bluestar was looking for you- she asked if you would like to go hunting with her for old times sake." 

Firestar sighed. "I'm not sure Sandstorm..." His ears flickered. "Something just feels... off..."

"Hm? What do you mean?" Sandstorm asked.

"It's just... ever since Gentlefeather was defeated and Treestar was driven out... it feels like everything has been too quiet."
"Isn't that a good thing?" Sandstorm inquired, "there has been peace among the clans for many moons, I've never seen anything like it before! Cats from other clans barely ever even argue about anything." Firestar sighed at this comment. "I guess it's just weird to me that peace has lasted this long..."

"Weird indeed." A grey she agreed. Sandstorm and Firestar both jumped- they hadn't heard this cat come up behind them. "Hello Yellowfang, it's nice to see you." Firestar nodded.

Yellowfang walked up to the pool. "Firestar is right about something seeming off..." she said as she slightly dipped her paw in the pool. Yellowfang gasped and froze momentarily. "Yellowfang?" Firestar and Sandstorm said in unison. 

"...Four must follow the path of thunder, or all shall fall..." Yellowfang ominously growled. Yellowfang blinked- as if suddenly waking up from a dream- and shook out her ragged fur. She looked at Firestar and Sandstorm, their eyes wide. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

"You just... you...what do you... what do you mean by that Yellowfang?" Sandstorm stuttered. Yellowfang tilted her head, "huh? Did I say something?" "You did." Firestar chimed in. You said 'Four must follow the path of thunder, or all shall fall' ?"

"I... did...?" 

"Maybe it's an omen." A small, grey cat suggested as he walked towards the group. "Hello Rainpaw, how are you?" Sandstorm asked sympathetically. "Please don't talk to me like that, I've come to terms with my passing." Sandstorm nodded. "Sorry."

Yellowfang turned to Rainpaw. "Rainpaw, do me a favour would you? Could you repeat the omen you just heard  to Poppyfrost? He knows you better, and would believe you more then he would me."

"Yeah sure." Rainpaw agreed. "I'll inform him the next time he sleeps, alright?" Yellowfang nodded. "Sounds great." Firestar shook his head- "You're going to let him do it? He's seven moons old-"

Rainpaw cut him off. "I'm aware Firestar! I died at seven moons old but I have the wisdom of a much older cat! Had I survived Treestar's wrath I would be the same age as Cloudstar!" He hissed.

Firestar went silent. Yellowfang sighed, "Alright, go now Rainpaw, give Poppyfrost the message." Rainpaw nodded before heading off. 
Though she didn't want to admit it, Yellowfang knew the peace was too good to last, and that this supposed omen met the clans could lie on the brink of destruction.