part 18

Niko swallowed. This was his chance to end this relationship. But what happens once it's ended? Niko would be alone. He can't date Aj. He can't date him and he wouldn't. It isn't like Aj would want to date him either. Niko thought he had to fix this.

"Well?" Brielle was still waiting.

"Listen..." Niko started. "I know what this looks like. And I'd understand why you would think that..."

Niko sucked at lying so he honestly didn't know how far he was going to get with what he was saying.

"So it's true? You cheated on me..?" Brielle asked in a sad tone.

"No! No, that isn't what happened."

"So then what the fuck is that?! Who is she! When did you guys even meet?!"

Niko squeezed his eyes shut. "It isn't a she!" He said so quickly that he wasn't even sure if he'd said the right sentence himself.

He clearly had when Brielle replied with:

"What." Her voice was kind of scary with the tone she was using.

"Listen, I swear I can explain it."

"I'm still waiting for the explanation."

Niko bit his tongue. "It was Aj."

"Of-fucking course it was!" Brielle looked ready for murder.

"No but listen!" Here came the lie...

"Yeah it was Aj but it wasn't in the way that you would think it was..."

Brielle raised an eyebrow.

"You know I always make jokes about Aj being... well, rat like. Well, the other day we were joking around and... he like- he jumped on me and bit my neck. Genuinely biting it as well, it hurt quite a bit. But it wasn't anything... sexual or something like that." Niko laughed nervously.

He couldn't read the look on his girlfriends face so he continued to speak. "I know it sounds unbelievable but... look!" Niko brought up his arm.

"You can even see the bite marks on my wrist too!"

Brielle took the arm Niko was offering in her hands and stared at the bite. She then looked up at Niko.

"Do you swear that's what happened?"

But before Niko could open his mouth to speak, he got a phone call from...

_________________

Aj woke up with a pounding headache, laid down on the floor. The man lay in a pile of vomit and blood, his face engraved in tears. When Aj woke up he was extremely confused. He started to breathe heavily as he took in his surroundings. His world was a blur. It looked as though the man was drugged up, but in fact he was just extremely sick.

"Niko..?" Aj asked out loud.

Aj pushed himself up into a sitting position and looked around. Where was he? He searched around trying to recognise details of the room. As soon as he looked to the wall  he recognised where he was by the Mona Lisa painting of Niko which was hung up in a golden frame.