ii

"But I'm not her! I'm not Katherine! My name is Elena Gilbert! You have to let me go." Elena pleaded, desperately looking at their female kidnapper, "I know who you are, now be quiet. " stubbornly, Elena decided not to listen, continuing her pleading much to the female vampire's annoyance.

"What do you want from me!" The doppelganger questioned, as if she was the only one kidnapped, finally having enough the woman slapped her to the state of unconsciousness. "What I want is for you to be quiet. " she said pleased with herself.

Daphne watched all of this go down, she looked around the dirty room and took note of the boards on the window, implying they had no daylight rings, she could also tell the female vampire had a grudge against doppelgangers. Linking back to Katherine.

If she wanted, Daphne could take Elena and leave but her instincts told her to stay, which rather confused her. It wasn't her mate bond, it was something similar but different.

At a New York art showcase, a picture of a beautiful woman with brown hair and eyes, tanned skin and an ethereal glow to her, was being admired by dozens, the artist standing beside it proudly.

"What lovely art!"
"Who is she?"
"What inspired you to create this piece,"

The artist raised a hand and quieted them, "she came to me in a dream, her name is Daphne" the crowd was in awe of her, but it paled in comparison to the adoration from the artist.

The piece was signed, 'Nik'

Stefan and Damon had just killed Elijah and 'rescued' the two girls, Rose escaping and Trevor dead. Daphne stared at the body and could recognize him easily, last time she saw him she was convincing his mother to creatw the predatory species, that's how she knew he wasn't truely dead.

She wondered if her mate knew what she looked like yet, if the dreams had started, 'would that mean Elijah knew too?' So many questions, so little answers.

While they was driving back home, Elena spoke up. "So who are you? Why are you coming with us? And how come you magically show up once I get kidnapped?" She gives the other Brunette an accusatory glance. Daphne thought of her long lost friend Amara and how she'd be disgusted of how her descendants seemed to lack many decent qualities.

Damon chimed in, "that's our older sister, Elena" he said sounding annoyed with the Doppelganger, "she lives at the boarding house and also she wouldn't have gotten kidnapped if she didn't think it was necessary," Stefan finished. Both Salvatore's looked towards their sister, who smiled at them and nodded, confirming their thoughts.

The next week was chaotic as they learned of the sun and moon curse and Klaus, who would want to kill Elena. The Save Elena gang working overtime with a little help from Daphne, they had daggered Elijah a week or so ago which Daphne didn't understand. She didn't recall passing authority for such weapons to be created.

The decade dance had been a mess, Klaus being in Alaric's body was a complete shock  , even to the goddess herself. Bonnie taking her death had been problematic and a certain brunette had to be held back from ripping the doppelganger to shreds when she laid s hand on her dear brother.

The ritual came and went, Elena filling the Gilbert plot with her father, John Gilbert and her aunt, Jenna sommers, and Stefan Daphne and Klaus leaving on a hybrid making road trip.

"Rosieee, " Stefan sung out, he and Daphne were both in the back seats, Stefan laying across the seats with his head in Daphne's lap, "what now Stefan." She said glaring at her youngest brother, who was in a semi ripper binge, "I'm bored" Daphne sighed, Ripper Stefan may be an asshole to everyone else but he was a literal child around Daphne.

"You okay back there love?" Klaus asked, he and the goddess had yet to talk about their mate situation, it was making him antsy.

"Yup, just forgot I was on Hell's road trip"