"The best step towards redemption is honesty"

Requested by anon!

Sum: A love confession gone wrong, then right

-

The fire crackled loudly, the light reflecting on your blank eyes. You'd been thinking, about a lot actually. But more specifically one demon.

Your hand spins the contents of the wine glass. As you frown, a depressed atmosphere weighed on you like an overly warm blanket. You take a long sip, letting the bitter taste run down your throat.

Of course he'd buy you a bitter one, his favorite flavor. You sulk, as your mind couldn't take a minute of him, even if you drank yourself into a hole. Because his presence always sat freely in your head. Even had his own mansion in there.

Grabbing the bottle you're about to pour the glass when you pause. Eyes flickering between the two objects, before you just throw away the glass as it breaks.

Full on chugging from the bottle, you weren't an alcoholic. No no no, being a somber wino was very frowned upon. And you were not... Just-...

You slouched down on the chair, a pile of depressed mess as your lips remained in a frown. You were definitely gonna have a headache after all this.

But sometimes you needed to get your frustration out. And doing it through giggle water was the most sane way. Since well, you promised you won't commit any crimes. And well drinking wasn't a crime, so you had every right to get blackout drunk.

Suddenly your shoulders grabbed as you choke on the wine, head snapping over to a concerned Charlie. Your back straightens quickly as you almost drop the bottle.

"Oh! Charlie," you almost yell in surprise as you watch the wrinkles in her face "What do you need honey?" You ask as she sends a strained smile. But the worry is still prominent after her failed attempt.

"Uhm well... nothing I just came to-..." she trailed off as you patiently wait. Her gaze moving to the bottle and then the fire.

"Well-...are you okay?" She finally asked, staring down at your sitting figure. You must've looked horrendous if she was asking you that.

"Yes, I feel peachy!" You put the bottle aside as you stand. Fixing the wrinkles in your clothes, but she remained unconvinced. Shown by her very readable face.

"You don't look..." she paused, trying to find a nice word for it.

"Okay? I assure you I'm completely fine" you send a smile, as she slightly deflated. Before her mind seemed to boil up some idea. She cleared her throat, raising a finger.

"The best step towards redemption is honesty" she grabbed your hands and gave a squeeze. Giving a warm smile as you raise a brow.

"But I'm not trying to redeem myself?" You smile humorlessly as she pauses. Seeming to remember that you're right.

"Okay- well. Ahem! As princess of hell and heir to the throne! I command that you tell me what's bothering you" she raised a hand. Like a ruler commanding over their subjects. "Only if you're comfortable" she adds quickly as you stare off to the side.

You sigh, slowly sitting down and slouching again as you sigh. Letting your demeanor fall, she seemed to pause at this before smiling happily. Moving over your other arm chair and sitting down crisscross.

Hand rubbing your temple as your pouting mouth lets out another exasperated sigh. Okay this was pathetic.

You glance over as she perks up, smiling toothily under your gaze.

"Well..." you start, trying to find out what to say.

"I've been having feelings." You say, before realizing that was too cryptic "Not the usual ones. But like a..." she leaned forward in anticipation as you slowly finish "Love?"