Rule Number 1: No touching 🩶

It was 12 am and I was getting ready for bed but it wasn't right, we haven't spoken all day and Jacob slept in the guest room last night.

We aren't disagreeing or anything, he doesn't want to talk. Okay, so we aren't talking... not a big deal?

But I feel his resentment from down the hall, Jake has been turning renovating the upstairs bedroom into an office, he was moving the new furniture and tossing everything out, it was next to our bedroom. Hopefully this meant he planned to spend more time home.

Was it wrong I'm due in a few weeks and my husband has built an office instead of the nursery he promised?

No obviously not... he must've forgotten. No he this isn't on purpose, no he didn't forget. Or he lied and doesn't want to build a family with me and I haven't pressed the issue because the truth is I'm not ready.

I'm not mother material, I feel so immature I still can't see my man with his clothes without closing my eyes.

And I haven't experienced that many men in my life and I'm having a child in my early twenties when I should be finishing my degree.

I'm playing the dependent wife who can't sleep in the same bed as her husband.

I'm wasn't ready to move in full time, possibly be married or be a mother. I miss G, maybe he would understand. Would he have built the nursery like that? Would he even think if I didn't ask? He was so kind like that, he help put my bed set together at my condo it's still up.

I'm not supposed to think about him, but I miss him kind... if that made sense.

Or when Jacob and I first met and how carefully he handled me and my feelings, but now I look in his eyes and I know he doesn't care.

It wasn't the fucking, we cuddled alot. We cuddled in the car, no kissing and no touching... I don't want to admit it but if something did happen it wouldn't have gone too far.

Part of me wanted it to though, the thought that Jacob working with Ella drove me to the edge. His compassion and the way he handles situations made me feel safe.

How he comforted me after my ultrasound visit. He said he was taking me back home but we ended up after dinner and we were parked so far away. I couldn't stay in the car because I couldn't trust myself. I should've just walked. So I walked out and he grabbed me so I wouldn't.

"I'm not going to touch you or kiss you, I know your afraid of him." he said.

"I'm not afraid of him," I lied, but in the moment it felt different. "I'm afraid of you and my feelings."

"He hurts you, why do you keep going back to him? Does he know your having my baby?"

"Garret, please..." I look down between us and he pulls me closer and pushes me against the car with his head in between my neck and it's like he's smelling me.

"Please what?"

I push him softly and feel on his leather jacket and hard body. He leans forward and touches my waist and my stomach.

"Stop." I push his hands off. I couldn't even bare it when Jacob touched me let alone anyone else but Garret wasn't just anybody else.

"Why... you let me hold you in the waiting room."

"Because..." the baby started kicking more when he's nears me and his eye contact drove me crazy.

He kisses my cheek and holds on to me again and holds the lowest part of my stomach with the cold rings on his hands.

I hold on to his shoulder and smile, "Do you feel that?"

He smiles too and nods with his forehead against mine. "Come back home with me. You said yourself he won't miss you because he is never home."