Chapter Three.

Leland is unsure of how many minutes have passed by so far, but eventually the man finally sits back from the toilet - having got everything out of his stomach - and he's looking back over at Leland once more. His eyebrow is raised this time towards him, a disgruntled look forming on Johnny's face as well and Leland feels that maybe he shouldn't have come into the bathroom. Maybe minding his own business would've been the best thing for him to have done, and he feels a little bit awkward the more this man continues to stare at him.

"Fuck," Johnny says suddenly to himself mainly, and Leland can hear the slur in his words while being stunned for a spilt second, from the sudden words of the man, "I brought you back here?"

Leland's own eyebrow rises from that, a wave of confusion running through his body at what he said. And he goes to open his mouth, to let this man know who he actually was - but Johnny was shaking his head furiously, cutting Leland off completely; before speaking again.

"You should not be here," He says again, his voice a bit more rough as he looks away from Leland, "This is my home , my place of work and my privacy. Why the hell are you fucking here right now?"

"What are you going on about?" Leland finally speaks up, moving just a little bit away from Johnny as the other man continues to shake his head.

"We were meant to just stay at the bar," He mumbles through a low groan, running his fingers through his hair - before snapping his attention back towards Leland, "Shit how drunk am I to allow myself to do something like this? Fuck ." His voice is sounding a little bit more angry now, and Leland thinks he should probably take his exit from this room, "You need to not be here.. You need to leave, like, right fucking now . You do not belong here."

Leland knows that he doesn't need to be told twice for something like this, so he pushes himself back to his feet - and makes a quick exit from the bathroom. When the door shuts behind him, he can hear Johnny letting out a small string of cuss words - before the shower is turning on, and soon all that can be heard is the sound of running water. It seems like his heart has lodged itself in the back of his throat, making it feel a bit hard for him to breathe - and a wave of anxiety hits him as well; because shit . What was that man going on about? Why was he acting so rude towards Leland? Was Leland actually not welcomed to be here and all that was done before, was just a lie?

It doesn't even occur to Leland that he didn't listen properly to what Johnny had said to him, he was so caught up in the anger that this man had towards him - that he fled the bathroom before even thinking everything through properly. He has to try and calm himself down from the anxiety Johnny gave him, and he makes his way back to the bedroom with a small shake in his step. He didn't mean to be affected as badly as this, but there was just something about this man's tone that set Leland off a little bit. Once he was inside of his own room once more, he made sure to lock the door behind him - before making his way to the bed, and crawling underneath the covers of it.

He still feels so shaken up about it, his mind running a million and one thoughts through him - that he didn't really get to enjoy how comfy this mattress actually was on his back. His eyes are glued on the ceiling above him, as he bites his lower lip hard and rethinks everything that had just happened. He felt so welcomed just earlier today in this house, the whole family pretty much accepting him with open arms - and now this . Now he's feeling that he definitely doesn't belong here, and it was all due to the fact of how Johnny spoke to him. It gives him that familiar feeling inside of his chest, that he would get when seeing Ana's family - and he's being reminded of how well, low he is on the status. Maybe Johnny heard that this poor man was coming to make money off them, and decided that he didn't want a bar of it. Wanted to get it across straight away that Leland was not welcomed here.