Prologue

This story takes place in a world that has been divided by a great red landmass called the Red line from north to south, and the great sea from east to west called the Grand line. The four other seas besides the Grand line was the East blue, the West blue, the North blue, and the South blue, and in these waters, there were lots of marines and pirates. But unlike the marines and pirates of the real world, some of them possess powers from certain fruits called Devil fruits, which give you special powers, but takes away your ability to swim. There were also many races besides humans, like the fish-men, mermaids, giants, dwarves, minks, long legs, long arms, and more. The world was under the rule of special organization known as the World government, and the 5 elder stars were in charge of the government. Out of all the pirates, there was only one who ever earned the title 'King of the pirates', and that was Gold Roger, who once had wealth, fame, and power, beyond a man's wildest dreams. Before he was executed, his dying words inspired many souls to travel the seas. His final words were 'You want my treasure?, you can have it!, I left everything I gathered together in one place, which I like to call One Piece!, now you just have to find it!' which he said with a smile even when he passed away. Those words inspired many sailors to travel on the seas of the Grand line in hopes to get Gold Roger's treasure, it was the beginning of the time known as the Great Pirate Era. Some years later after Roger's execution, a pirate crew, lead by Red Haired Shanks, docked at a peaceful little village called Windmill village, and a boy named Monkey D Luffy, saw him as an idol. The boy wanted to travel with Shanks, but the captain knew that Luffy was nowhere ready to travel the seas. The boy once tried to stab himself below the eye to prove he's a man, only it showed the crew that he's an idiot. When a band of mountain bandits came to a bar where Shanks and his crew were hanging out in, the leader spilled some drinks on the captain on purpose. But instead of seeking revenge, Shanks only laughed after the bandits left, which made Luffy mad as he was hoping the pirate would teach the mean bandit a lesson instead of just blowing it off. Out of frustration, Luffy ate a fruit that was in a chest, which made Shanks freaked out as it was a devil fruit that Luffy ate, which was known as the Gum Gum fruit, which turns the user's body into rubber, and taking away Luffy's ability to swim for the rest of his life. Sometime later, Luffy tried to use his new powers against the bandits, but due to the lack of experience, he couldn't fight back very well, and the bandit leader kidnaps Luffy and sailed off to the sea, only for a sea monster, which looked like a giant eel, to appear and ate the bandit. As for Luffy, he was saved when Shanks came and made a glare that scared the monster away. Luffy started to cry as it turns out that Shanks gave up his arm to save the boy from the monster's jaws, but Shanks simply said it was just an arm, and all he cared about was Luffy's well-being at the time. When the time for the red haired pirates to leave had come, Luffy made a promise that he'll become a pirate all on his own and form a better crew than Shanks', in he vowed to be the King of the pirates, which made Shanks decided on giving the boy his straw hat, asking the boy to promise him on giving back the hat once he becomes a great pirate. Luffy shed some tears while saying goodbye and holding the straw hat, but knowing that one day he'll see Shanks again, but only when he fulfills his dream. Later, Luffy was forced to live with mountain bandits by orders of his grandpa, to show him that life of a criminal is not the best life for him, but Luffy refuses to give up his dream. While living with the bandits, he formed a bond with two boys named Ace, and Sabo, who would later become his brothers. When Sabo tried to sail away, he was attacked by a nearby ship, all because the boy's boat had a pirate flag, so Sabo was presumed dead, much to Ace and Luffy's shock, horror and dismay. Since then, Luffy has been training himself to become stronger so he won't lose anyone he cares about again. 10 years later, Luffy was finally ready to sail the seas, and took a small raft to travel the ocean. When the same sea monster that took Shanks' arm appeared, Luffy stretched his arm like rubber, and threw a punch that knocked it out cold, a move he calls the Gum Gum Pistol attack. Now the boy sails off to form his crew, get a ship and fulfills his dream of becoming the king of the pirates, which is where this story begins. But first... the song. Come aboard and bring along all your hopes and dreams~, together we will find everything that we're looking for~, ONE PIECE!, compass left behind, it'll only slow us down~, your heart will be your guide, raise the sails and take the helm~, that legendary place where the end of the map reveals~, is only legendary till someone proves it real~, through it all, of all the troubled times, through the heart ache and through the pain, know that I will be there to stand by you~, just like you will stand by me~, so come aboard and bring along all your hopes and dreams~, together we will find everything that we're looking for~, there's always room for you, if you wanna be my friend~, we are, we are on the cruise~, we are!.