What do you Think About Chimera?

|Months Later, Marine Headquarters, the new world|

As Law and Bepo disembark from the Polar Tang, the rest of the crew gathers on the deck, leaning on the rails to watch the duo who are now patiently waiting on the dock. A few yards away, nervous marines stand by, their attention riveted on the unfolding scene.

The tension heightens when Vice Admiral Momonga walks down the dock with determination, causing the marines to snap to attention and salute. Two subordinates follow closely behind him, and he comes to a halt before Law, his face marked by suspicion.

"Come on, Momonga. Giving me the whore's treatment are you? Don't want to let me up into the main house, just keeping me out on the street so your wife doesn't find out?" Law teases the Vice Admiral, feigning offense.

Unamused by Law's antics, Momonga stands firm, "It's Vice Admiral, and you pirates are not getting any further on Navy property than already you are. Now, what do you want? They said you were here to give us something of value?" Monmonga sarcastically spits the last bit. As if Law could have anything they want.

With a nonchalant wave of his hand, Law signals to Bepo. With deliberate steps, the bear places a weathered chest at Momonga's feet. In a fluid motion, Law utilizes the scabbard of his Nodachi, deftly unlatching the chest. As the lid swings open, it reveals a gruesome collection: one hundred pulsating hearts.

The moment the lid swings open to reveal the writhing hearts, a shudder of revulsion sweeps through the marines, some staggering back as nausea strikes, unable to mask their horror at the sight. Yet, Momonga, ever the stoic figure, merely offers the chest a fleeting glance.

"I see the trouble you caused at Rocky Port was quite lucrative." he comments dryly, his voice betraying none of the astonishment that grips his men.

"One hundred hearts of some of the most ruthless pirates on the Grand Line, delivered by yours truly. No need for thanks, just grant me Warlord status, and we'll call it even," Law declares with a confident grin.

Momonga, momentarily taken aback by such a bold proposition, ponders briefly before replying, "I will take the request to my superiors." He gestures to his subordinates to secure the chest.

But Law is quick to react, snapping the lid closed and placing a decisive foot atop it, his smirk barely visible under the shadow of his iconic hat, "Not so fast. You get confirmation first, and THEN you get the hearts."

Momonga's irritation grows as the encounter progresses, his patience thinning with every passing second.

Law cuts through his frustration, "We'll give you one hour. Return with confirmation, or don't bother coming back. Fail to return? I'll sail away with these hearts and cast them into the ocean. Consider the leverage you'd lose over the Grand Line without these tokens from its most formidable pirates."

A menacing smile unfolds on Law's face, "Tic-Toc, lap dog. Your time starts now. It's rude to keep a lady waiting, even if she is a whore."

Fuming with barely contained rage, Momonga masks his anger with a stoic façade. With a sneer directed at Law, he spins around and strides briskly back towards headquarters. The sight of Law's smug crewmates on the deck, who proceed to flick him off with arrogant smiles, only fuels his rage. His gaze lingers momentarily on a white-haired girl among them, who has yet to accrue a bounty.

Meanwhile, Bepo stretches out comfortably, basking in the sea breeze that plays through his fur. Law settles next to him, reclining against the bear's side, his nodachi laid back on his shoulder. Shielding his eyes from the sun with his hat, Law indulges in a leisurely catnap on the dock at marine headquarters. As the tranquility settles, his mind drifts to Sorna, a familiar thought whenever time allows.