Interlude I: Dear you

"Young Master, have you seen that nice lady around?"
It was a nice, peaceful and quiet day at the Phantomhive manor, a rare day indeed. No missions, no broken dishes, no explosions, just peace and quiet. Since their schedule was so empty, Sebastian suggested Ciel take a stroll in his garden, and though he disliked the idea, Ciel couldn't deny the fact that he needed to build up stamina. Seeing the master finally take a step in the garden, the rest of the servants rushed up to join him, and they happened upon a red rose bush in full bloom. A single rose caught their sight; even though it stood so far away from the bush, it bloomed far more vibrantly than the rest, as if it were shining. As Ciel instructed his servants to gift it to Elizabeth along with a few other flowers from the garden, Finnian inquired about  'a nice lady'.

"Nice lady?" asked Ciel. Given that his servants spend their time in the manor 90% of the time, as well as the fact that he hardly had any visitors other than Elizabeth, and Nina, and occasionally Lau and Soma's group and her majesty's butlers, he didn't know which 'nice lady' Finnian was speaking of. 
"Yeah! That pretty lady with black hair and red eyes that's dressed in a suit!" Finnian replied in excitement. "She never smiled but she was so nice when she talks to us! She seemed to know you, so I wondered if you've seen her." 
"(Y/n)? You've met her?"
"That's right! We've only met once though. She gave us all some gifts and thanked us for our hard work. She gave me some fresh cookies and nail polish, Baldroy a fancy lighter and fireproof handkerchiefs, Finnian donuts and peppermint oil, Snake and his snakes snacks and skin lotion, and Mr Tanaka some tea along with a fancy Japanese tea set!" even Meyrin who was usually nervous and shy spoke in confidence. 
"When she came by last time, didn't (y/n) only bring a single bag? She didn't seem to be carrying that many items, just how on earth did she manage store enough gifts for everyone? Actually how did she even find time to spend chatting with everyone??" As Ciel questioned the unknown, Snake started to narrate his snakes companions' compliments. 
"'I like that lady! She gave us a lot of tasty snacks!', says Goethe. 'She took great care of everyone, knowing our wants and needs!' says Emily. 'She's a very gentle and kind soul, it's not every day you'd meet someone that would call our kind cute and pet us like puppies.', says Wordsworth." 
"The way she spoke was pretty sharp, but you can tell she was very gentle and kind. It was a bit weird when she called me a child considering how much younger she looks compared to me, but the way she scolded me about how cigarets are bad for my lungs sure made me feel like one. It's like I went back to being a little rascal scolded by my mother." said Baldroy as he scratched his head in embarrassment.  
"She was worried about your health and your relationship with Lady Elizabeth too! Right! Saying something about Chamomile tea helping you sleep better and hoping you'd be more honest with Lady Elizabeth. You ought to invite her over again some time young master!" 

Ciel and Sebastian were silent, they weren't sure how to break the unfortunate news of someone that everyone spoke so fondly of, they didn't even know how to explain what happened to (y/n). A kidnapping? A disappearance? A failed suicide mission? Was she even still alive?
"That person, (y/n), she... won't be coming by any time soon." said a dejected Ciel. 
"Oh.. I guess she must be busy, huh."
"Something like that.."
"Well she did dress really nice when we saw her. I never knew women could look so elegant in pants!" 
"But you'll invite her over when she's free next time, right Master?" Finnian asked hopefully. 
"I'll be sure to do so when the opportunity next arises, Finnian."
"Yay!! I can't wait!"
"... Me too."

---

An anonymous letter appeared among Elizabeth's usual party invites. It had no return address, and no one seemed to know where it came from. But since it contained no malice, Elizabeth decided to read it. The content was as follows:

To Lady Elizabeth Midford,

I apologise for any lack of formality in advance, I'm not really used to formal speech. You  don't know me, but I'm something like an acquaintance of Ciel who spoke of you very sweetly. He's very lucky to have someone like you as his partner.
I've thought of ow to write this letter many times and have thrown out many drafts across the floor, but every time I wrote them, I thought that it was very hypocritical. So instead, I would like to share with you a story. 

Once upon a time, there was a boy and a girl, they weren't a couple, but they cared for each others as partners and friends. The boy was very sweet to the girl, and the girl loved and trusted him more than anything else. But the boy had a terrible secret, he was a villain that would come to commit many atrocities if he hadn't already. But he never told the girl, and he left without a word, it may be because he didn't want to disappoint her, it may be because he wanted to protect, but he just left. He never told her anything, but the girl knew. She had made many excuses for the boy, hoping that it was for her sake, that he had his reasons, but his betrayal hurt, for he knew better than anyone, that she was sick and tired of being alone.
Now, let's change the story up a bit. This time, the boy and girl were lovers, and they cared for each other more than anything else. The boy wasn't a villain, in fact, he was a hero that had saved many lives. But he also had a secret of his own, a secret that he told no one about, not even his lover, out of the love he had for her. He wanted the girl to live in a world where she would smile happily without worries. The girl didn't know at first, but no secret can be kept forever, and she eventually found out about it from someone else, in the most unfortunate way, and the world she knew shattered around her. 

Both girls were made at the boys, and very reasonably so, for even if they did it out of love, the boys had betrayed their trust. What they had done was wrong, and unforgivable even, but somewhere inside me, i wish they can all talk it out, come to an understanding, and get the happy end they wished for. But, that's what I think of their stories, what are your thoughts on this? Do you think the girls should forgive the boys? What kind of ending do you think they should have?
It doesn't matter what your answer is, but I did realise that both girls had similar tastes in men; stubborn and prideful, and very bad at communicating to their loved ones, especially when they believed that the information would hurt them. 

Before this letter ends, you should know, that Ciel loves you with all his heart, and cares for you more than anything in this world, and that he definitely made the decisions with your happiness and wellbeing in mind. 
I hope that you can get Ciel to communicate with you more, and if need be force him to tell you. Most stories with relationships that have couples that don't communicate and do things 'for each other's happiness' have a frustrating ending after all. Sometimes stubborn men need a push, or even a beating to get their words out. No matter how big an obstacle you might face, I believe that you will be able to work it through together. 
I truly hope, that regardless of what you thought and felt, that your story would be a happy one until the very end. 

Best regards,
A friend.