SEVENTEEN (EDITED)

!THIS CHAPTER IS EDITED!: EDITED ON 28/03/2024!

𝐒𝐡𝐞'𝐬 𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐞: 𝐀. 𝐂𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐧 𝐱 𝐁. 𝐒𝐰𝐚𝐧

**************

━━━━✧༺✶༻✧ ━━━━━

{ECLIPSE}

━━━━✧༺✶༻✧ ━━━━━

· · ─────── · NO ONE'S POV · ─────── · 

At Bella's house the next day, in the front yard. Alice stands at the curb, frozen in place, waiting eyes unblinkingly watching the front door. Finally, it opens. Bella exits. Behind her, Jacob. Alice meets them halfway.

Jacob growls. "Whoever it was, he left his stink behind. It'll be hard to miss when we cross it again. We'll handle it from here." Alice sighs but nods. "Don't forget we are also helping." Alice warns as Jacob chuckles and nods. "

Would the pack prefer days or nights?" Alice asks as Bella leans onto her mate, slightly purring making Jacob look at her teasely.  "Nights." Jacob says as Alice smiles and nods. "Okay, then my family will do days." Alice says as Jacob nods. 

Later that night, still at Bella's house but now it was dark. Looking down at the dark, silent forest beyond the yard. Stillness. Suddenly, there was movement in the trees. Then two gleaming eyes peer out, belonging to a wolf skulking at the edge of the tree line. 

It looks up at Bella's bedroom, who stands in the window, looking down at her protector. Then, in contrast to the danger that surrounds her. "U.W. sent me and Eric our dorm assignments yesterday..." 

Bella turns back to the room where Angela lies on the floor, a massive stack of graduation announcements in the done pile. Angela is blithely unaware of Bella's situation. "I'm in the furthest dorm from campus. Eric's in the closest, of course."

"Has Alaska assigned you guys dorms yet?" Angela asks, as Bella shakes her head. She lies next to Angela, takes up a card to address. "Not yet." Angela looks at Bella, "Where is your lover tonight anyway?" 

Angela asks with a teaseing smile. "With her family." Bella says as she smiles. Angela nods. Outside later that night, Alice's yellow Porshe pulls over to the side of the road. Bella and Alice emerge from the car. 

They see 30 yards down the road, a shirtless Jacob leaning against his red Volkswagen. Waiting. "I'm good here, you should go." Alice nod and then pulls her closer. "I'm not gonna be going long." She mutters as she stares into her mates eyes, Bella chuckles.